Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 01:28:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #860: “More Entanglements”  (Read 5253 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: July 25, 2019, 12:01:42 am »

Script: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Foxrun
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 12:27:42 pm »

This is more of a poll than a gripe, but did anyone else just loose all interest in this story line once they found out that Erin was faking the love spell
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 12:48:38 pm »

I wouldn't say all interest, but it changed my expectations.  At this point I think we either need an unexpected twist or an ending to this arc.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 01:08:00 pm »

This is more of a poll than a gripe, but did anyone else just loose all interest in this story line once they found out that Erin was faking the love spell

I mean mostly. I'm very much for "good vibes" mind control that doesn't involve cheating or peril, but it's pretty hard to cheer the outcome of "no mind control."

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 01:26:24 pm »

At this point I think we either need an unexpected twist or an ending to this arc.

It pains me to say it but I think we passed that point at least three months ago.
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 03:13:30 am »

Oh dear, strains of Hotel California in the background, where 'You can check-out any time you like
But you can never leave!' That's ominous....

GB
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 12:28:34 am »

What I think was very clever with Hotel California was the way they made the whole track really feel interminable.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 06:42:11 pm »

What I think was very clever with Hotel California was the way they made the whole track really feel interminable.

Not sure if compliment... or Lebowski.

Also, Erin's hand motions here remind me of the first time we see Wanda in the MCU.

Also also, that subtle *bonk* is très lovely.

And finally to the first question, I'm of two minds about it. I really hate cruelty writ large, and Erin getting yanked away in that manner would feel very cruel. But there are a lot of interesting story threads down that path, especially with the original Big Bad incoming and Adrian being forced to fight a two front war. In the end, if this escapade has taught us anything, it is perhaps that that would be way too much story to fit into this format when there are already so many dangling threads and individual character arcs and all the rest. So maybe it was for the best, but I did feel a twinge of disappointment along the lines of, "Awww, missed opportunity for mind control."
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2019, 05:38:23 am »

Not sure if compliment... or Lebowski.
Let's just say that given the choice I'd happily take the long walk home in my pyjamas. (And yes, I do keep a long walk home in my pyjamas.)

perhaps that that would be way too much story to fit into this format
Prior to the appearance of The Cloud, we were already at a point where Vik was dead, Cherry was neutralised, and Erin had been contaminated by Cherry's mind in a way that could have turned out to mean anything it needed to. If we come out of The Cloud in effectively that same position then we'll have just had seven months without any story.

Even events outside The Cloud have not progressed the plot much: Caitlyn Hess still plays chess; Miriam still plays with Heidi; and Miriam and Jacqui are still going to have sex. Oh, and Angela has forgotten that she was there when Johannes found out that Dani was still alive - she even booked his flight.

Something needs to happen to justify the time we've spent in The Cloud. I'm still hopeful that it will. Perhaps it already has.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 09:35:35 am by GodWilling » Logged
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2019, 10:00:04 am »

Something needs to happen to justify the time we've spent in The Cloud. I'm still hopeful that it will. Perhaps it already has.

Adrian now knows that Jakob took Echo.  That's new, and potentially a significant personal motivator for him.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2019, 11:15:06 am »

It's already written, so... hope you like it!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2019, 11:22:57 am »

Adrian now knows that Jakob took Echo.  That's new, and potentially a significant personal motivator for him.

I think he already knew or at least suspected that. At any rate, it didn't feel to me that it came as a great revelation to him in The Cloud. Of course, we don't know how much Adrian already knew when he arrived at the start of the story, but hopefully the idea that he just happened to find himself at the house where Dani was living is long since dead. He also wasn't exactly as mind-blown as he ought to have been when Amy mentioned Claudia Coulbeck in 138.

Regardless, Erin didn't seem tremendously surprised to see Echo in Miriam's mind in 603. And Dani knew there that Echo was Adrian's ex. So either Dani knows all about Adrian's history, or she has been involved in conversations about Echo that I don't think we've seen. And we've no reason to think that those didn't involve Adrian as well.

It's already written, so... hope you like it!

I hope so too. And I'm still looking forward to reading it.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2019, 12:16:24 am »

I think he already knew or at least suspected that. At any rate, it didn't feel to me that it came as a great revelation to him in The Cloud. Of course, we don't know how much Adrian already knew when he arrived at the start of the story, but hopefully the idea that he just happened to find himself at the house where Dani was living is long since dead. He also wasn't exactly as mind-blown as he ought to have been when Amy mentioned Claudia Coulbeck in 138.

Regardless, Erin didn't seem tremendously surprised to see Echo in Miriam's mind in 603. And Dani knew there that Echo was Adrian's ex. So either Dani knows all about Adrian's history, or she has been involved in conversations about Echo that I don't think we've seen. And we've no reason to think that those didn't involve Adrian as well.

Yeah, the character of Adrian seems remarkably resistant towards expressing or feeling strong motivations, as opposed to the female characters in the stories. He got put on this quest because of his fiancee... but when he finds out information regarding her, it just kinda... happens? Meanwhile Erin going poly (inexplicably against the man she's mind controlled to be in love/lust/submission to) is treated with more emotional weight.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: