Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 11:28:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #828: “Queen's Pawn Opening”  (Read 8862 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: April 04, 2019, 12:01:39 am »

Written by: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 08:10:07 am »

Looks like we're checking in on a bunch of people back in the 'real world'.  First Pearl and Jacqui, now Raven.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 10:20:03 am »

Looks like we're checking in on a bunch of people back in the 'real world'.  First Pearl and Jacqui, now Raven.

I hope that doesn't mean we're going to leave a lot of what happens in "The Pink" unexplained.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 10:56:03 am »

Is it just me or does Raven look like one satisfied customer after her night with Adrian and Jacqui? I mean we already knew that, but still~

Also, because the speculation must never die, is Erin the queen and Raven her pawn? What sort of opening move is being made seemingly this late in the game? Find out tomorrow! But probably only in part!
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 12:39:58 pm »

I hope that doesn't mean we're going to leave a lot of what happens in "The Pink" unexplained.

I'm wondering if what's happening in The Cloud is going to start affecting the real world in some way. I've no idea how, mind. Unless Raven gets an invitation from Erin to spend a night in a motel...
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 01:03:18 pm »

What sort of opening move is being made seemingly this late in the game?

Maybe she's just opening the coffee shop.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 09:54:38 am »

That's Raven/Lenore?  Who's she talking to?  I forgot she was enrolled at Wilmot.  Silly me.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 11:31:15 am »

I assume it's C.Hess.

You're welcome.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 02:07:44 pm by GodWilling » Logged
bigwad73
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 01:38:36 pm »

I'd really like to see a "Dramatis Personae" list for each one.  I'm very confused by a lot of the recent ones.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 03:50:40 pm »

Hitomi and Caitlyn.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2019, 04:33:30 pm »

Yep.  It was the purple hair highlights in the preview that screwed me up.  It's nice to see that Caitlyn is still active in the chess club.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 08:17:00 pm »

Yep.  It was the purple hair highlights in the preview that screwed me up.  It's nice to see that Caitlyn is still active in the chess club.

Also the apparent choker.

I got that it was Hitomi when I saw the page but weirdly I didn't notice that the jmundt post still misidentified her as Raven - I just read that as Hitomi.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2019, 10:33:44 pm »

I don't know why I keep forgetting Hitomi exists >_<  She's been in some great scenes, but Raven's had better, and the way her hair is colored in the thumbnail really blurs the line between the two of them.

Funny thing is, I was contemplating speculating that Caitlyn could also be described as a Queen's pawn. Maybe if Hitomi had cross my mind instead of Raven... oh well~
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 12:53:45 am »

There are a couple of reasons why the hair might look the same colour, I thought it was worth mentioning because there has been some discussion about hair colour and I realise it's confusing.

1) Your monitor needs calibrating

2) My monitor needs calibrating

« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 12:57:03 am by OctaviaMoon » Logged

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
caseyx
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 10:11:07 am »

There are a couple of reasons why the hair might look the same colour, I thought it was worth mentioning because there has been some discussion about hair colour and I realise it's confusing.

1) Your monitor needs calibrating

2) My monitor needs calibrating
Well when you put the images right next to each other it's pretty clear!  And in context it's very clear (to me) who is who.  But the difference in highlight color is a bit subtle, enough that it's easy in a preview image with minimal context to miss the distinction.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: