Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 11:17:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #818: “Consent Issues”  (Read 6255 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: February 28, 2019, 01:01:31 am »

Written by: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 01:19:22 am »

What is it he wss going to do to her?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 06:59:16 pm »

Love spell. (809) Sealed with a kiss. (815)
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 03:32:57 pm »

Control spell.  Not a love spell.  That's like calling the bond between Jakob and his thralls "love."  It's...inaccurate.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 03:53:18 pm »

I'm just quoting what's on the page. Literally all love spells are spells of control to one degree or another. That's kind of the point. Seems a perfectly reasonable term of art here, given we only have Cherry's vague innuendo to go on in determining what the actual effects and cost will be. Unless it's been mentioned in the past and I simply forgot.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 04:38:32 pm »

If Jakob made his slaves love him then they would love him. But: "Love is not what I require from my slaves." (630)
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 05:14:07 pm »

You're absolutely right Jakob didn't (doesn't) deal in the ephemeral vagueries of love, but I thought we were talking about what Cherry is trying to get Aiken to do to Erin. Maybe that is more properly described as a love spell. Maybe not. Time will probably hopefully tell.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 07:09:24 am »

You're absolutely right Jakob didn't (doesn't) deal in the ephemeral vagueries of love, but I thought we were talking about what Cherry is trying to get Aiken to do to Erin.

I was agreeing with you. Jakob doesn't cast love spells; Cherry is apparently trying to get Aiken to cast one. They're both forms of control but the effect is different. Anyone who believes that Erin loves Adrian (or that any of the women in Adrian's harem love him) should also believe that she will love Aiken if this spell is cast. It is the same thing.

That said, we've only got Cherry's description of what's happening to go on. But then I suppose so does Aiken, and he's apparently the one working the magic. So I suppose it is a love spell.

In 630 Jakob also tries to convince Erin of the truth of her own words: that she doesn't really love anyone. The intention is to weaken her belief that she loves Adrian. (Possibly that suggestion had some effect, since it was given while she was at least feeling the influence of the watch.) I wonder whether the intention here is bring Erin under Cherry's control (and thus Jakob's) or whether it's simply to separate her from Adrian. It's not clear how having her in thrall to Aiken gifts her to Cherry, although Aiken at this point appears the weaker of the two (indeed, the weakest of the three).
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 08:18:00 pm »

so we have the red monster and pink cloud mix with drain tentacle monster
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 01:42:25 am »

Tentacles may not be consent, but they are love. And any monster worth it's, uh... stuff, should have a few. Or preferably lots. Rarely have I had occasion to say, "That is far too many tentacles, please lop some off."
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2019, 02:20:25 am »

PC is lust + control not love.  I read The Pink Beast and tentacles as the embodiment of Pink Clouds run amok, not the embodiment of love.  But that could just be me.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 09:07:39 am by jmundt29 » Logged
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2019, 02:44:11 am »

I was pontificating in the meta sense, not the metaphorical sense, if that makes any sense.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: