Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 09:13:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #817: “A Surf-Tormented Shore”  (Read 5031 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: February 25, 2019, 01:01:34 am »

Written by: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 01:58:54 pm »

A dream within a dream??? Or are we really into the second stanza with time and tide waiting for no man.... Or..
I reckon I'll continue to wait for the threads to come to some sort of resolution before I start trying to understand what has been going on.
At least it's winter, which should help Daphne's brain not to overheat keeping all this going.
It was all som much simpler a few hundred episodes ago (sigh)

GB
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 02:27:11 pm »

I reckon I'll continue to wait for the threads to come to some sort of resolution before I start trying to understand what has been going on.

I'm still waiting for the resolution that allows me to understand 91. I figure I might as well keep myself occupied while I'm waiting.

That's the thing. I've a feeling it wasn't.
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 03:05:21 pm »

That's the thing. I've a feeling it wasn't.

You're probably right but a lot of it was in the out-of-sight out-of-mind category then. Now we have so many parties with so many agendas (and MC approaches) in our faces that I'm beginning to wish they come with barcodes so I could at least positively identify who was participating each time. Pity the would-be Controllers can't take each other out and a suitable hero would then only have to deal with the last Controller standing.

Really, what sensible girl would go anywhere near Kearsarge, the MC centre of the known universe, a fresh mental attack guaranteed each month or your money back, even if it is the home of a famous old (originally-female-only college)..... Never had that problem at Harvard as far as I am aware although I understand other things developed there....

PS: I'm still waiting for the nanites to pop up...

GB
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 02:11:15 am »

time do the three fix.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 12:05:57 pm »

PS: I'm still waiting for the nanites to pop up...

Yeah, nanites, and asking politely. They're the two I'm yet to tick off.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 03:47:16 pm »

Anyway, so, is there any significance to the colour alteration of the Kanti and Vik scene in panel 2? Does Adrian dream within dreams in colour?

I'm guessing the pinkish hue of Vik's outfit is significant, but both characters appear to be white. Does that mean the man also dressed in pink in the next-door room with the Mr T haircut is actually Mr T? Is that a man in fact? Is this a reference to something external? (It's been a while since I watched Rear Window, say.) Is it a pink herring?
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 04:00:53 pm »

Yeah, I wondered the same thing.  The other two sets of people we see are from the other two threads, but the guy by himself is new.  Maybe he's just a rando who got caught in the cloud but who doesn't have any prior connections to any of the women, so the cloud isn't trying to bind any of them to him?

So what happens now?  It would be ironic if Adrian winds up with a mind-controlled Echo while losing Erin to Aiken.
raven
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 10:23:56 pm »

It looks like we're meeting a climax. I'm kind of excited to see how this comes together. We keep being teased with bits and pieces.

I like Adrian's sudden attitude.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 04:04:36 pm »

Suddenly we Hitchcock. Adrian got that Rear Window view, to some murders of the mind.

Also, no Jakobite expects the dream-fu.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: