Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 11:30:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #811: “The Options”  (Read 8552 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: February 04, 2019, 01:01:33 am »

Written by: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 01:11:47 am »

False alarm, I guess. Back to your regularly scheduled programming of running away from MC kink.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 01:13:28 am by Haight » Logged

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 01:39:57 am »

False alarm, I guess. Back to your regularly scheduled programming of running away from MC kink.

Yes, for sure. The one thing you can conclude from reading the site is that I don't like MC.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 09:12:21 am »

Yes, for sure. The one thing you can conclude from reading the site is that I don't like MC.

XD I'm frustrated with Adrian, not you.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 09:14:59 am »

Granted, this sequence is hard to follow.

I tentatively interpret it as Adrian being internally conflicted.  Part of him is the nice guy who doesn't want to take advantage of his position; part of him wants to go hog wild.  What the cloud is doing is showing him the consequences of those options for his relationship with Echo.  He can be nice and lose her completely, or he can use the Watch and own her as a slave.

As a side note, it occurred to me this morning that Echo might actually be there.  She was in the New York harem, which Julian knows about, and he's been off preparing a trap for Jakob.  What if Julian brought Echo with him to the hotel as part of the trap and she got caught up in the cloud when it hit the building?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 09:18:03 am »

Have I mentioned recently that Mulholland Dr is my favorite movie?

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 11:57:38 am »

What if Julian brought Echo with him to the hotel as part of the trap and she got caught up in the cloud when it hit the building?

It's unlikely Julian brought Jakob with him though.

It's a shame it wasn't The Straight Story.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 01:35:35 pm »

It's unlikely Julian brought Jakob with him though.

But Adrian might have brought a bit of him via the Jakobite's influence.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 01:40:38 pm »

That explains nothing and everything.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 02:20:23 pm »

But Adrian might have brought a bit of him via the Jakobite's influence.

My suspicion has been that he'd be coming with Cherry. But yeah, I suppose this scene could represent Adrian's final rejection of the tits and holes thing. On the other hand, if Adrian brought Jakob then he could just as easily have brought Echo. The point (if I have one) is that if we're worrying whether Echo is really there, we should be worrying about who the two women accompanying Kanti are, and how they got here.

It's an interesting idea that this could be in some way part of Julian's plan though. Amongst many other things, I don't really understand what is supposed to have happened to Julian, or why the Vik manifestation felt the need to tell Patricia that Julian wasn't to be disturbed before it did whatever it did to her. I can only assume that was for our benefit, but why didn't it just make sure it had killed Julian in the first place? (And while I'm at it, why did real Vik try to kill Julian?)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 02:40:56 pm by GodWilling » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 02:40:20 pm »

For what it's worth, I just remembered this...

I realised why this reminds me of Dani's nightmare - it's almost a subliminal thing. I was just thinking (as I often am) about the scallop-shaped red lights on the belltower equipment - and about the current SJI cover. And it occurred to me that the single scallop in Dani's nightmare was also red and seemed to be casting a reddish light on all that clockwork, which I hadn't thought about before. And it made me think about the red eye of the beast in this page, which kind of looks like it's lit from the inside. And that's the sum total of what I was thinking. But I'm pretty sure it was that red light in the darkness thing that triggered the association.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 03:15:22 pm »

I'm going back (sji-i 435) Patricia was sent to Julian with Cop gun and look like 38 special to kill him. Vikram want Julian kill for stop him from take back Amy His love of his life. (sji-i273-274). (sji-i499)
Julian had fun with Patricia Just guesting
Somehow we loss Vikram to the blood monster (sji-i508)
somehow Erin blood monster in her dream warned her to save harm sister to get out (sji-i512)

I have headache
only one have cure is Daphne and she not tell and we need read on.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 03:23:39 pm »

My think is that Echo and two lady with Kanti Puntambekar are part of there mind. so not there real life.
Please Daphne this is Kanti Puntambekar in sji-i810 and she is a newspaper reporter?
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 03:48:28 pm »

That's scary. I always thought that people had Mulholland Drive videos like they had A Brief History Of Time book - to impress but not understand and certainly not to enjoy.

I shall continue with my strategy of collecting epsiodes until one of the story arcs reaches a resolution, or at least a hiatus, and then try to understand it.

GB
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2019, 04:06:50 pm »

I always thought that people had Mulholland Drive videos like they had A Brief History Of Time book - to impress but not understand and certainly not to enjoy.

I just got the Criterion Collection BluRay. It rocks.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: