Mind Control Comics Forum
October 07, 2024, 03:31:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #749: “Introductions All Around”  (Read 9105 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: July 16, 2018, 12:01:16 am »

Written by: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 06:40:18 am »

Aiken expecting an ovation and confused by the overripe tomato striking his head.  Buckle up.  But thank you in advance, Raven.
orifalcon
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 07:11:28 am »

I'd settle for an "and this is my fiance, Adrian" said with something approaching conviction.
meltons
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 01:00:44 pm »

"So, yeah … umm … here's the thing …"
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 06:47:19 pm »

I haven't seen any evidence that Erin's relationship with Aiken extends beyond 'friend with benefits'.  There are clearly things in her life connected to her magical abilities that Aiken knows about and Adrian does not, and that's going to be awkward, but I don't see this as any kind of 'fight for control'.

(At one point I misread the title as "Inductions All Around", which is a title I'd love to see actually used some day.)
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 12:54:19 am »

Clear proof that Miriam IS Magical, seeing as she can fit between that booth and the back wall. Not to mention Erin trying to escape through said wall, and we know how magical she is Tongue

Edit: Whoops. Or not. I don’t even know.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 10:22:26 am by lifmcs » Logged
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 07:33:37 am »

I'd settle for an "and this is my fiance, Adrian" said with something approaching conviction.

Satisfied?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 08:55:22 am »

WTHF?  Did Pearl just phase into a wall?

But that was a fun scene.  Particularly Adrian's chosen method of keeping Erin in place.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 09:34:17 am »

I haven't seen any evidence that Erin's relationship with Aiken extends beyond 'friend with benefits'.  There are clearly things in her life connected to her magical abilities that Aiken knows about and Adrian does not, and that's going to be awkward, but I don't see this as any kind of 'fight for control'.

Not to contradict what you're saying but I see Aiken very much as her mentor. It's implied that he gave her (256) the ceremonial blade thingy she used to protect the SJI (198). (He certainly got some benefits for that.) But more importantly, I've long seen the implication of g2 as being that he was responsible for her coming to Wilmot in the first place. He loosely steers things there so that Erin reveals to the others that she's leaving.
orifalcon
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 10:56:11 am »

Satisfied?
For now, and hover text has my back  Smiley

also, Pearl secretly being Kitty Pryde could bring in a lot more MCers to the town, I'm conflicted...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 10:59:05 am by orifalcon » Logged
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 03:26:05 pm »

Honestly kind of surprised Erin introduced Adrian this way. The pants-grab was a bit humorous.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 09:39:35 pm »

Is Erin going commando today?  Or is her underwear s thin that we don't notice it as Adrian grabs to halt her?
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 07:52:01 pm »

WTHF?  Did Pearl just phase into a wall?

Yeah, the physical layout on this comic is really weird.  The top-down view in the last panel of #749 makes it look like the bench Erin and Aiken are sitting on is flush against the back wall.  The shadows cast in panels 2 and 3 of #748 are consistent with this.  But panels 3 and 4 of #749 only make sense if there is some space between the bench and the back wall.  Also, Pearl vanished really quickly between panels 4 and 5, literally mid-sentence.
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 01:04:31 am »

My apologies - this is ENTIRELY my fault.

As the colourist I don't always look at the next page script or art until I come to colour it. I thought the shadows would add something cool to the scene - morning sun shining through the slatted blinds and all that - I was then stuck with this and continued it on the next page without even realizing that I was colouring a wall abutting a bench that someone was then seen standing behind (something the script called for).

My horrible mistake is clearly distracting everyone from an otherwise wonderful story with rich and vibrant characters that Daphne and PK bring to life...I am thoroughly ashamed of myself and apologise to them both for shitting on their story and I apologise to you all for ruining it for you Sad

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 08:22:57 am »

Don't be so hard on yourself.  I expect keeping track of physical geometry when you're making it all up yourself is hard.  And I at least was not distracted from the story and characters at all... I can notice more than one thing at a time.

(Also, Pearl's vanishing act is part of the line art and therefore in no way the fault of the colorist.)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: