Mind Control Comics Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:52:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is an aphrodisiac hot in itself?
Yes
No
It's complicated

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aphrodisiac?  (Read 17889 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: May 21, 2018, 05:49:43 pm »

In a story, is just an aphrodisiac effect without behavior modification / control / submission hot to you?

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 09:21:51 pm »

I put "it's complicated" because while it can be hot, it's more about the context of who the subject is lusting after and who she was before. If she's subjected to it by someone interested in mind controlling her, and the use of the aphrodisiac ends up aiding and abetting said hanky-panky, then it's hot. If it's "woman accidentally exposed to aphrodisiac, starts dressing slutty and gets attention from loads of guys and sleeps with a lot of them" without a controller, or without the controller really being interested in making her "his" (or "hers"), it would fall flat for me.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 02:57:45 pm »

In "Love Potion #9", the voice spray was a simple aphrodisiac--but because it was an aphrodisiac, and a strong one, it modified the target's behavior and made them much more pliable. That's the "mind control".

In general, however, I see aphrodisiac portrayal in our little kinky corner of the web not done very well. Neither the user nor the target really takes advantage of the MC flavor of the aphrodisiac's effect.

So: It's complicated. It has to be done well, and by that, I mean the story has to take full advantage of the effects. I'm not that interested in "now you love me, let's fuck" stories. I'm more interested in exploring the MC aspect of the experience on the target, and the limitations as well... for example, if the target knows an aphrodisiac has been used, and resents it, but can't fight the effect, where does that lead, especially on his/her social contacts outside of the user and the target?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 03:01:38 pm by ozymandias » Logged
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 04:14:19 pm »

Was going to vote “No,” but you’ve convinced me that “It’s complicated.”

Also, Daphne is going soft, giving us an “It’s complicated” choice at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: