Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:38:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Gig Economy #2  (Read 13092 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: April 18, 2018, 12:01:09 am »

There may still be a bug or two in the application…

Written By and Art: Sadie Bella

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 12:49:13 am »

can not down load the PDf file is nor there Cry
pop up

This site can’t be reached
The webpage at http://cnt1.dvvent.com/dvv/lock/mcc/issues/gig_economy-i02.pdf?u=l&e=1526498798&h=c43340825ca4fbb8cf7679690dc58d62 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 12:19:51 pm by laguna85 » Logged
Skyrender
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Troll-Blooded

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 01:02:47 am »

Don't get me wrong, I understand people have different  tastes, but in my opinion, this story was barely interesting enough for a one-shot, let alone a recurring series. Then again, this artist is my least favorite among the ones MCC uses, so maybe it's merely the artwork itself that turns me off the finished product.

Nah, it's the whole story.

Murphy said "Whatever CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong."

I say: "Murphy must've been an incurable optimist, because in my experience even things that CAN'T go wrong... somehow DO..."
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 05:21:13 am »

There's a... little bit... of something going on, though.

So Mira gets a new personality per-client via the app when she confirms. And has overlapping clients where the "Mixed Messages" result in switching to a dominatrix in the middle of a session where she'd been "ordered" as a compliant fuck-bunny. She also ditches a guy who's apparently into her in favor of her real Master, the app. Granted, he seems to be a stalker, always appearing wherever she is. And she turns off the app at the end.

If I try really hard and try to imagine who she really is underneath that... maybe this is just world-building? We've been introduced to the tech and the logic around it. And now shown that it's not perfect. And this is our first shot at creating some characters we might care about someday.

I can give-or-take the art if there's a good hook waiting for a later chapter. I meh'd through the starts of The Persuader, Fantasy World, and Waiting Room before the hidden hooks got me so I'll hold out hope there's something crafty going on here before I completely give up on it. So far, though, I agree. Not exciting visually or story-wise.

And I hope that nerd guy was sniffing sopping-wetness and not something else. Based on the angles (and she just had tacos)... those splotches. Ugh. Catering to all tastes?

If you love something, analyze it and share.
orifalcon
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 09:04:24 am »

Feedback for what it's worth; this one was a miss for me as well, for the same reasons above, and I'm not personally interested in seeing an issue #3.
dollarsandsense
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 03:57:40 pm »

I really enjoyed it, actually. In my opinion, the first issue of Gig Economy was one of the best one-shots the site has had in a while,  and I was excited to see it renewed so soon. I'm not sure if I like this one more or less than the first issue, but it's great either way. I certainly enjoyed it more than last week's issue of Permed. (If you're going against the grain, might as well commit, right?)

I loved seeing other FuckBunnies in the background in this issue, much like the background women wearing rubies in Beyond Rubies. The idea that this change is societal, not just personal, is something I find quite hot. And Mira's sudden shift from sub to dom sold the MC more convincingly than the changes in #1.

All that being said, please fix the PDF! There may still be a bug or two in the new site as well.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 10:19:49 pm »

I’ll throw my hat in the Liked This And Want It To Continue ring. Maybe preferred the first issue, but only because it felt like more happened. The concept is very good, if at this point somewhat obscured by the dearth of dialog and us being only 2 issues in. The art isn’t next level by any measure, but it is charmingly pulpy and I appreciate the strategically deployed details. Variety is one of the strengths of this site, so yeah, I’d like to see a 3rd installment.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 10:30:45 pm »

Y'all know my opinion.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
BorisL
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 09:05:51 am »

I'm still having problems with downloading the file on this a day after it went up so you might want to check it out.

And for what it's worth I really like this artist's work: it makes a pleasant change from the more photorealistic stuff in other MCC products. We can have some variety in the product line.

There are probably even people out there who like AUDIOPHILIA....
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 09:22:58 am »

The download should be fixed.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 10:15:38 am »

I'm still having problems with downloading the file on this a day after it went up so you might want to check it out.

And for what it's worth I really like this artist's work: it makes a pleasant change from the more photorealistic stuff in other MCC products. We can have some variety in the product line.

There are probably even people out there who like AUDIOPHILIA....

Lots of us enjoy that comic.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 11:56:12 am »

We all mean different things when we talk about "mind control". Bearing that in mind, though I haven't actually read this yet (roll on the weekend) I already know there's at least as much "mind control" in this one comic as there is in all the chapters of Audiophilia, By The Book, The Chrysalis, and Bearing Gifts put together. But I must admit, those are all nice and colourful.

Sadie Bella's art reminds me of those early SJI pages, which may be why I have a fondness for it.
BorisL
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 03:12:30 pm »

The download should be fixed.

Fixed now except the front page is a slightly peculiar set of colours which affects my enjoyment of the rest not at all...
radouigi
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 02:54:19 pm »

Nice being able to download the file. Since there seems to be some disagreement on the matter I feel like I should weigh in that I'm in the group that likes Gig Economy. Neither the art nor the story are in the running for my favorite on the site, but that's a really high bar to reach, and they are different from the rest of the site and variety is a very good thing in my book. My favorite part of the art is the contrast of the pink fuck-bunny headbands with the monochrome of the rest of the image, and my favorite thing about the writing is the exploration of a mind-control based economy that is both voluntary and temporary.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2018, 12:18:26 pm »

Fixed now except the front page is a slightly peculiar set of colours which affects my enjoyment of the rest not at all...

That's fixed now, too!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: