Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 09:21:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #701: “Girl Talk”  (Read 8691 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: February 05, 2018, 01:01:09 am »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 08:15:27 am »

office or weekend Huh
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 01:25:06 am »

Helpful Girfriend is helping all over the place.
darcon357
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 09:34:57 pm »

Why are are the SJI showing up as .PNG files?
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 09:20:03 am »

Why are are the SJI showing up as .PNG files?

will to I'm see as a .jpg file
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 09:21:49 am »

See: https://forum.mindcontrolcomics.com/index.php?topic=1732.msg18421#msg18421

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 01:55:50 pm »

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure that thread answers the question. The following comes with the proviso that what I've been experiencing may not be anything to do with the question asked...

In IE, right-clicking and saving the image is downloading a PNG file. It's the right image, but it downloads as 'untitled.png', and looking at the binary it identifies itself as a PNG.

This happens with older pages too, my saved copies of which identify themselves as JFIF files. So I think it's something IE is doing.

Last week IE started not to be able to interpret pretty much any of your comic page images. It was downloading them but just displaying crosses. I'm pretty sure that happened following one of those silent updates. A week later they started displaying again, but with this PNG thing. I suspect it's a workaround to deal with a bug relating to JFIFs.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 02:00:03 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 02:02:17 pm »

No clue. The image itself is a JPEG.

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 02:27:41 pm »

Yeah, I should add this is not specific to this site; I was seeing (or not seeing) some images elsewhere last week that wouldn't load. And the file downloads fine in Firefox, say. But IE (and Edge it seems) is re-encoding it to a PNG.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 02:28:32 pm »

Yeah, I should add this is not specific to this site; I was seeing (or not seeing) some images elsewhere last week that wouldn't load. And the file downloads fine in Firefox, say. But IE (and Edge it seems) is re-encoding it to a PNG.

That is... very strange behavior.

elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 02:49:12 pm »

Try Chrome?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 03:12:07 pm »

Try Chrome?

No situation is that desperate, surely? As I say, it works in Firefox. I can live with that, as long as Granny doesn't object to me using her browser. I suspect it will start working again in IE soon.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 03:13:40 pm »

I suspect it will start working again in IE soon.

No promises there. We found and fixed the issue with the images not displaying in IE, but this one is very strange.

laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 09:53:24 pm »

I just try to do a download with edge and did use .Png file
and then use chrome did .Jpg file
Himm
may be just IE and Edge do . Png file or big files did the down arrow on right side of file  or poniter
No answer on this one.

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 08:13:29 am »

I think a cousin of this was what I tripped over last week.  Display works in both IE and (the dreaded) Chrome, but it's very hesitant.  And for several days...1/30 to 1/5, I think, IE would display covers and thumbnails, but no individual pages.  Just the tiny x of consternation.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: