Mind Control Comics Forum
July 08, 2024, 07:39:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #699: “Shift Change”  (Read 4807 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 29, 2018, 01:01:13 am »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 06:37:55 am »

Are we back to ripple effects of Vik's spree?
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 06:38:36 am »

Is this Astrid famous artifact  Huh
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 12:07:47 pm »

Is Cherry marginally less free of Jakob than we might have thought?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 11:57:54 am »

Hmmm. So that appears to be a hospital. From what we saw in 655, I wouldn't be surprised if the police officer Vik did over required a screen around her bed. Only the bottom left screen seems to show a screened bed, and that's the one where something bad is happening in the last panel. On the other hand it's the only one where the camera's still working.

The only thing I can think is that the blood monster has arrived, but I'd have thought that would be more likely to be visiting Cherry. Was there a particular reason that the monster would have attacked Vik (and potentially Laura, Jacqui, and the twins) but not apparently anyone else? Would it be interested in the police officer?

I'm (hopefully appropriately) confused.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 01:56:10 pm »

I had no idea what this might be about from the preview.  Now that I've seem the full comic I still have no idea what this is about.

I agree this looks like a hospital.  The people I can think of who might currently be in a hospital are Cherry, Alex, Katie and that female cop Viktim.  Beyond that I have no idea.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 01:58:51 pm »

I love cold opens.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 03:12:52 pm »

And this is a good one.  And I'm kind of sorry to be ignoring her partner, because he's done nothing negative yet.  Still, I'm going to ask it, who's the blonde racing off to deal with the security breach?

Does the Luckiest Man on Earth (Weston...I mean WESTON!  Anyone who can talk like Colin from Love Actually and still have a committed gorgeous girlfriend is my nominee for that title) have some competition for best chill factor?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 04:24:55 pm »

The people I can think of who might currently be in a hospital are Cherry, Alex, Katie and that female cop Viktim.

There are three Viktims in that list of course. Julian was left to take Alex and Katie to hospital but I don't think we ever got an update on them.

I'm not sure if there's any intended discernable sequence to what's happening, but I think the first camera to go down is showing the hospital entrance. The last camera still working in the final panel shows a scared nurse next to a screened bed. So my guess would be that the dying cameras mark the progress of something making for the woman in the screened bed.

562 suggests that the blood monster won't be caught on cameras. But the police officer with the uncontrollable masturbation problem (I'm in no position to judge) is the only one I can think of who would require a screen. And she's the last one of those four people that I'd expect the monster to want to visit. If this is the monster, it would suggest it is targeting victims, which again raises the question: why Vik?

Obviously though, this may be something entirely new.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: