Mind Control Comics Forum
July 08, 2024, 08:25:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #681: “The Connection”  (Read 6446 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: December 04, 2017, 01:01:06 am »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 01:02:53 am »

Being used recreationally, now, perhaps?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 01:28:32 am »

Need to make more of antidote to the pink cloud
Laura did not want to stay around there place
Kanti Puntambekar want some of antidote, just in case that Quentin "Q-Box" Tarbox use pink cloud on her
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 11:20:29 am »

I was figuring either: recreational use, protection, or addiction. Her demeanour seems to go against recreational use. Also it appears that she's speaking quietly so Q won't notice. I'm not sure she thinks she needs protection from Q, though she might be feeling insecure generally. I'm inclined to think it's addiction, but I'm not very confident about that.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 02:00:33 pm »

We know that Q has lied to Kanti about what he did to her with Pink Clouds in the past and she hasn't called him on it.  Maybe she doesn't trust him and wants to be able to protect/deprogram herself without his knowledge?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 02:29:35 pm »

We know that Q has lied to Kanti about what he did to her with Pink Clouds in the past and she hasn't called him on it.  Maybe she doesn't trust him and wants to be able to protect/deprogram herself without his knowledge?

But when other people have taken the antidote they've remembered what was done to them. You yourself have argued in the past that in 294 Kanti is telling Q that she knows what he's done to her. It is possible that she wants to be sure she's keeping a clear head though.

I am sensing that Q admires and respects Laura's intellect and that Kanti is possibly feeling a little jealous and possibly inadequate/insecure.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 03:42:44 pm »

It also doesn't help that the antidote and PC look very similar in their testing experiments.  Maybe she just doesn't trust him to not use it on her again and wants a semblance of control and the beneficial side effects of The Cure.  Also, there are several targets who've experienced PC, could she be stockpiling in case she runs into one of them?
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 10:45:44 pm »

But when other people have taken the antidote they've remembered what was done to them.

That's sort of my point.  If Kanti remembers Q doing things to her that he hasn't admitted to, then she won't trust him, and she'd want access to the antidote as a way of making sure she can remember anything *new* that he does to her without her knowledge.

Also, while it is most likely that she's getting antidote, I can't help but notice that in #284-286 the cotton balls with the antidote are white, while the ones in #681 are pink.  It'd be a hell of a twist to discover that Laura is dealing PC.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 03:22:04 am »

(SJI-I535 pink in a bag) Laura Lovering and Miss Compton talk about (pink Clouds or #49)
Have an antidote and there is some side-effects (Pink )

My thinking that  Kanti want a good time!
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 12:10:57 pm »

That's sort of my point.  If Kanti remembers Q doing things to her that he hasn't admitted to, then she won't trust him, and she'd want access to the antidote as a way of making sure she can remember anything *new* that he does to her without her knowledge.

Also, while it is most likely that she's getting antidote, I can't help but notice that in #284-286 the cotton balls with the antidote are white, while the ones in #681 are pink.  It'd be a hell of a twist to discover that Laura is dealing PC.

It may be a case of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer but Kanti hasn't shown many signs of being unhappy with Q. I mean, she's been in close contact with the police; help is there if she wanted it. But I may be wrong.

Incidentally, I'm under the impression that Pink Clouds is ineffective on those who are dosed up with the antidote. Before he definitely died, Vik used PC on Laura and Amy, but I don't think they were ever under his influence.

I think the question of the colour of the antidote first became an issue in 325, when it appeared that Dani was using PC on Miriam for the "ceremony". We never got an answer on that, but I think the antidote has been pink ever since.

Just looking at Vik's night of death again I'm reminded of two recurring questions:

(1) Vik appeared to be trying his best to kill Julian at the hotel/motel. Vik sold Kanti, Katie, and Alex to someone but we didn't see who it was. Subsequently it turned out that Julian had them. What was going on there?

(2) To whom was Vik speaking before he was definitely killed?
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 01:48:38 pm »

That's always the thing that's puzzled me about this situation. We know Kanti's been dosed with PC involuntarily, and has taken the antidote - which seems to bring back memories of the PC experience. So either Kanti has been dosed with PC and is ok with it (which is pretty hot) or she's pretending to be affected and going with the flow (which is interesting).

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: