Mind Control Comics Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:32:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Door to Door  (Read 8741 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: December 02, 2017, 06:10:06 pm »

There are things you can do with your entranced girlfriend besides sex...

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 06:56:54 pm »

You don't say!
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 07:03:00 pm »

You don't say!

So I'm told. Sounds like crazy talk to me.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 07:05:08 pm »

Awesome! Now bring us Martin Scorsese's Batman!
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 06:18:35 am »

Good one this week. Jim has some personality (not a sports guy, excited and takes the opportunity but with a tiny twinge of regret), Annette also blessed with some edges (a reader, sticks up for herself, likes smart guys), and even Chet has a little (includes a guy like Jim for whatever reason). Art, of course, is beautiful although Chet and Annette resemble the "couple" at the end of Fantasy World #6. Not a bad thing but I... think... they're different people.

Anyway, great one-shot.

My only tiny thing is that I'm part of the minority that likes realistically-proportioned or athletic women. And I think this story would have carried a more girl-next-door vibe if Annette didn't look like she'd had... work done. To disarm that tiny break in faux reality, I just tell myself that Chet "convinced" her to have it done rather like Template #1. But I can wish.

Thank you.

To try and continue the thread appropriately... I think it'd be great to have an actual (Joker-like) villain in the MCC-Universe. What we've got are far-too-classy businessman-type bad guys. They're evil, sure, but they're Lawful Evil. Where's our Chaotic Neutral/Evil mind controller to disrupt the ordered worlds that are spinning out here? I think about stories like Tabico's Summit as a stand-out example. The tapestry is woven so where are the snags?

If you love something, analyze it and share.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 01:49:10 pm »

This issue is a direct response to some earlier Forum posts, isn't it? Well played, Daphne.

Needless to say as someone who is pro-pizza-getting, I loved the issue, even if it took the idea very literally. As for the story, I thought it was a great setup, particularly since she refers to being hypnotized before Chet (which gives the story room to explore). Not sure if this is intended as a one-off or a continuing series, but I'd like to see more.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 02:23:44 pm »

I think the fairy from Fairy Tale probably qualifies as chaotic neutral.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 02:38:20 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 11:45:06 am by GodWilling » Logged
Garg22
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 10:18:22 pm »

Not quite what I was expecting, but I liked it.
rdaneel
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 04:35:34 am »

Great new concept and art. Thank you!  Smiley
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 04:49:07 am »

I think the fairy from Fairy Tale probably qualifies as chaotic neutral.
I think you're right. It's one of the plot lines I haven't paid much attention to. But what I've found on this site is that it only takes one moment in the series to get my attention. I pretty much ignored Waiting Room until issue 5. In fact, now that I'm looking at my collection, the hook that gets me (or doesn't) is usually around the 4th or 5th issue. Fairy Tale... I'll give it a re-read and imagine she's a villain. Smiley

Where's our Chaotic Neutral/Evil mind controller to disrupt the ordered worlds that are spinning out here?

I read fiction to escape from all that.

Yeah, I'll invoke the "we're all here for different reasons, I hope" thing. I read (erotic) fiction to explore ideas I could never in real life consider like "what would I do with mind control powers"? There's a part of me that thinks I'd probably go insane and wonders where that would go (with good writing and art).

MCC already has plenty of stories that cover the scenarios where the controller doesn't go insane with the power and... turn it into a prostitution empire (Bearing Gifts), builds a huge harem (too many to list off), runs an underground slave ring (Business as Usual), becomes a stage magician and takes liberties with the "volunteers" (Stacked Deck, After the Show), completely subverts an almost-willing submissive (Template), is a total dick (Bigger), and is not a dick at all (SJI and Hidden Knowledge, although he's been shifting in a dark way).

And, to keep on topic, Door to Door is a wonderful exploration of two themes I enjoy very much: a couple with a power dynamic that gets reversed by mind control (Chet and Annette) and what would happen if a 3rd party discovered and inserted himself into it (Jim). I love that I can identify with both Chet AND Jim - the imaginary controller in me could be either. It's sort-of like parts of Waiting Room but more personal. And I didn't even get the joke about the forum thread until hereno mentioned it.

If you love something, analyze it and share.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 02:44:07 am »

did like
                                           much enjoy
                     special delivery
                                                very wundervoll
           wow
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2017, 09:52:17 am »

I wondered for a second if the design on the Necklace was a Dr. Michaels "club" symbol.

Great combination of art and story.  Who hypnotized Annette before?
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2017, 11:24:56 am »

Great combination of art and story.  Who hypnotized Annette before?

Ima Hypnotist.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: