Mind Control Comics Forum
July 08, 2024, 08:49:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Further collected volumes?  (Read 5915 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: November 23, 2017, 04:13:54 pm »

Are the collected PDFs useful? Worth continuing to do?

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 05:00:13 pm »

I like them and would welcome more. For me they give a significantly better image quality than the image file pages do if I zoom in, although that may just be the program I view the image files in. Obviously the text scales better.

I can't help feeling there's a whole bunch of people who are obsessed with getting their hands on relatively slight bonus comics they missed but who've never read SJI. Maybe if you added these collections to every member's list of bonuses they'd get more downloads. I believe a similar strategy did wonders for the popularity of U2... OK, bad example.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 05:25:31 pm »

I second the points GW made.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 06:35:08 pm »

I all so like to zoom in a image
My eye are not as good now.
Let look at each window
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 08:07:49 pm »

I keep waiting for more collections of past pages.  Nice to know they're under consideration.
aaronmcg
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 07:20:43 pm »

I certainly appreciate them!
radouigi
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 01:42:46 pm »

I like them and would welcome more. For me they give a significantly better image quality than the image file pages do if I zoom in, although that may just be the program I view the image files in. Obviously the text scales better.

I can't help feeling there's a whole bunch of people who are obsessed with getting their hands on relatively slight bonus comics they missed but who've never read SJI. Maybe if you added these collections to every member's list of bonuses they'd get more downloads. I believe a similar strategy did wonders for the popularity of U2... OK, bad example.

I can say I am definitely one of those people obsessed with getting my hands on relatively slight bonus comics (and if they're so slight what's the harm?) because I've enjoyed the bonuses I've gotten and would like a complete collection. That said, I always had trouble getting into Saint James Infirmary because it's so long and difficult to navigate--so these collections completely solve my main problem with SJI and I hope they continue.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 03:05:30 pm »

I can say I am definitely one of those people obsessed with getting my hands on relatively slight bonus comics (and if they're so slight what's the harm?) because I've enjoyed the bonuses I've gotten and would like a complete collection.

No slight intended. I think we're really making the same point though. The nature of the slow drip delivery of SJI and its sheer size these days (not to mention the old website only providing reverse navigation through it) tend to deter people from reading it.

I'm not ruling out the possibility that some people have read it and simply didn't enjoy it - there are some popular comics on the site that leave me cold. And there really is no accounting for taste.

I also don't know how many members basically never read the SJI section of the forum (apologies if that's my fault). The thing is, if you already don't read SJI, and you don't read this part of the forum, you won't know about the PDFs. That was why I was figuring that slipping them into a place people apparently do look (slightly obsessively in some cases) might actually extend the readership rather than merely pleasing a relatively small number of anally retentive converts like me.
radouigi
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 03:44:10 pm »

No slight inferred, GodWilling, and yes I was agreeing with your points. Even just having new SJI compilations appear on the frontpage like other new content would have resulted in me finding them earlier--because I was intimidated enough by the backlog of regular issues that I myself only became aware of the compilations thanks to this thread. In my case I found it because of the "unread posts since last visit" forum feature and not because I regularly read this section.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 03:45:01 pm »

And for the record, the first two are available directly from the SJI "Title" page, without having to hunt through the Forum.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: