Mind Control Comics Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:33:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: FEATURE REQUESTS  (Read 39623 times)
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2018, 01:33:01 pm »

Occasionally there's a page in a comic that's so excellent for one reason or another that I just want to say "awesome"! How about a thumbs-up or 'sweet' or other "I really like this page" button?

I second this idea!

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 02:23:39 am »

Some suggestions for homepage tweaks:

• Only show a couple rows of Recent Favorites, with the entirety being on a separate page. I’ve starred enough things that it drowns out the other sections below it.
  • Do away with Recently Published. It seems redundant when Just Published flows naturally into All Titles, which are sorted by last published date.
  • Include bonuses in Just Published if they are not already. I seem to lose track of them each month, and I wonder if this is partly why.

Occasionally there's a page in a comic that's so excellent for one reason or another that I just want to say "awesome"! How about a thumbs-up or 'sweet' or other "I really like this page" button?

I second this idea!

I third it, but don’t know offhand how it would jive with All Pages view.
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 09:07:33 am »

I second this idea!

I third it, but don’t know offhand how it would jive with All Pages view.
Add musical accompaniment from Cab Calloway. Dude could make ANYTHING Jive.
grey_shadow
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2020, 08:58:55 pm »

One feature that would be nice is having some sort of link between volumes of a comic - for example, between By the Book and By the Book 2, or Roll-Playing and Roll-Playing 2, or Bearing Gifts and Found Objects 3 (particularly that last one since trying to get from Found Objects 3 to the earlier comics in the series requires either an exhaustive search of the archives or knowing what the previous title was).
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2020, 09:00:05 pm »

One feature that would be nice is having some sort of link between volumes of a comic - for example, between By the Book and By the Book 2, or Roll-Playing and Roll-Playing 2, or Bearing Gifts and Found Objects 3 (particularly that last one since trying to get from Found Objects 3 to the earlier comics in the series requires either an exhaustive search of the archives or knowing what the previous title was).

It's not a bad idea! Right now, there are just "titles" and "issues", and no real concept of a grouping higher than "title". It's not impossible to add, though!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2020, 12:06:18 am »

Maybe you could add something like "if you liked this title you might also like these other titles" cross-links.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2020, 02:51:34 am »

Hrm, yeah, it's not a big problem, except when it is. Prev/Next title links would make the most sense to me from a user perspective.

As a separate idea, since you've got stars, could generate per-title recommendations for different comics based on some heuristic. Dunno how good that data is though. Bit of a chicken and the egg problem~
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2020, 10:20:29 am »

"based on some heuristic" in a customer feature request I can handle. When I see it in a project requirements document I have an uncontrollable urge to throw myself out a window.

Thank god I'm on the ground floor.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2020, 02:15:22 pm »

If I saw that in a requirements document I'd give them exactly what they asked for.  Nobody specified that the heuristic had to be *useful*.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2020, 07:22:42 pm »

I still have too much faith in my fellow humans. It hasn't been crushed out of me yet by Kafkaesque corporate bullshit. By which I mean, you have my sympathies, gentlepersons.
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2020, 07:50:22 pm »

If I saw that in a requirements document I'd give them exactly what they asked for.  Nobody specified that the heuristic had to be *useful*.
Going over the RFP and comparing it to the bid I'd worked on, the potential client asked, "does it support DSP?"
The requirement literally was, "Must support DSP."
Got the contract by demonstrating the inputs could be multiplied by zero.
Milkwood
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2020, 06:14:22 am »

I refer to Grey Shadow's comments regarding following the stories he likes if he has problems searching for links why does he not create a folder on his computer and use the download button to save his favorites then he wont have this problem.

I am actually writing to inquire why nearly all the stories are obsessed about women with large or enlarged breasts after all there there are women who have small and medium sized ones who are just as sexy as those with larger breast but MCC stories seem to always insist that the women have enlargements whatever the cause to the outrageous "Beyond Rubies". It looks as if all who create the stories at MCC have a breast fixation.

Another point I wish to raise is what has happened to what I call the one offs ie complete stories in one issue these seen to have disappeared completely in favor of starting new stories to be continued it is frustrating to find so many of these unfinished ones littered throughout the catalogue.

Can we at least have a list of those stories MCC you intend to complete or abandon as you have no idea how to finish them ?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2020, 09:14:33 am »

I refer to Grey Shadow's comments regarding following the stories he likes if he has problems searching for links why does he not create a folder on his computer and use the download button to save his favorites then he wont have this problem.

Not everyone can (or wants to) download.

It looks as if all who create the stories at MCC have a breast fixation.

Yes.

Can we at least have a list of those stories MCC you intend to complete or abandon as you have no idea how to finish them ?

No, because we don't know what we're going to do with them. We might continue them, we might leave them on hiatus.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Milkwood
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2020, 03:10:34 pm »

I notice in the above reply there was a reply to breast fixation but not to what has happened to the one offs, will an answer be forthcoming ?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2020, 04:20:56 pm »

I notice in the above reply there was a reply to breast fixation but not to what has happened to the one offs, will an answer be forthcoming ?

Your question was answered. Please don't be rude.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: