Mind Control Comics Forum
October 05, 2024, 03:50:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 632: La Méprise, 2  (Read 7554 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: June 30, 2017, 03:27:47 pm »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 12:05:46 am »

Presumably Dani styled herself then. So this Venus rendered as the Silver Surfer is her idea. I've often wondered what's going on inside her head.

Obviously I'm not sure what this means. Mainly because I'm not sure what it is she's claiming to command. Was Jakob saying the watch was his and he commanded it? He put his hand on Erin's head when he said it, so did he mean Erin? I assume it was the watch but Dani's response is (even more) intriguing if she's claiming to command Erin.

Whichever, Dani has always been a puzzle. Perhaps she's about to reveal a little more of what's going on in there. Here's hoping.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 02:56:36 am »

Dani program Erin first, so My thinking that Dani is the master of Erin mind

only Jakob control Cherry head that Erin is inside of.
mr_ed968
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 09:41:31 am »

Kudos for this pin-up! So many themes in it. I do see the Silver Surfer and Venus elements, that GW mentioned. I see other superhero and mythological nods, too. Medusa's (both myth and Inhuman) hair, Banshee some with the eyes, a little '90s Lady Death mixed with the Silver Surfer skin, and then the whole realm they are in reminds me of Dr. Strange. I'm sure other elements are in play too, I might have missed. Sans the dialogue bubbles it would be a worthy poster.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 12:08:35 pm »

Definitely digging this pinup. Excited to see where the story goes  Grin

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 01:49:47 pm »

Interesting to compare this with the pinup in #334.

At this point it looks like Danielle is going to be able to lay some smack down on the Jakobite.  Whether that will magically undo whatever it did to Erin is another question.  I suppose it's possible the Jakobite could try to use Erin as a hostage somehow...
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 10:24:26 pm »

It would be cool to see the Jakobite obliterated (I mean an actual concrete loss?  So far all he's been is inconvenienced).  Maybe it'll be a draw, but it would be viscerally satisfying to see Dani unleashed and praised for her power.  But Erin's vulnerability is genuinely disturbing at this point.  Which is weird because if what's happening to Erin in the background of Meprise 1 was happening to Cherry...I genuinely would not care.  She'd look sexy and be getting a bit of comeuppance from an unlikely source.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 02:48:15 am »

Interesting to compare this with the pinup in #334.

I'd had it in my head that a direct link had been made in the forum between 334 and The Birth Of Venus but looking back I don't think it was. I'm not well up on either great paintings or Greek fairy tales (or anything much, come to that), but I think Venus is usually depicted showing less modesty than in 334. And the scallop there looks more like a halo. Is that page referencing something else?

Dani program Erin first, so My thinking that Dani is the master of Erin mind

That's a good point, but it possibly raises more questions than it answers.

According to Cherry, Jakob sent Dani "here" (Wilmot? Kearsarge? the SJI?) with the watch because he wanted Erin (275). Cherry said he set it up wrong. But Cherry urged Dani to rebuild the watch. And here we are with Jakob apparently getting Erin in a trap inside Cherry's comatose mind, opened up under the influence of the repaired watch. Well that's straightforward enough.

My take on this page is that the mistake is Jakob's and that his mistake is Dani.

I've never really trusted Dani. Which is not to say I've thought she was responsible for any of the trouble she's caused. The intriguing possibility that this page opens up though is that she might be.

As an aside, looking back, I think it's clearer now that Rain knew what she was doing when she explained the situation to Adrian (121) and encouraged him to acknowledge his position as master of the harem. It was notable that the one Rain was interested in was Dani (128).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: