Mind Control Comics Forum
July 02, 2024, 11:54:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 595: Improvisation  (Read 6897 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: February 20, 2017, 12:16:42 pm »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 03:55:04 pm »

If this comic shows Adrian and Danielle finding Erin et al in the theater, Adrian's reaction will be revealing.  Is he already aware of what they'll find, via the mind-link?
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 12:13:19 am »

Hmm.  Adrian is behaving a lot more like himself in this installment.  I suppose it could be an act, and there's an implication in #593 that he has some idea he wants to put into play that he hasn't told Danielle about yet.  (The title of #595 may reinforce that possibility.)  But why would he need to conceal his intentions from her?  Even if she didn't like what he wanted her to do she'd still have to obey him.

If he planning to get Danielle sucked into the dreamscape he'd better watch his back; there'd be nothing to prevent Julian from sneaking up behind him and clocking his unguarded ass.  Then Julian could make off with the Watch, Erin and any other marbles in which he has an interest.

(I also have to take issue with the mouseover text.  I very much doubt there are any badly-reviewed openings in that theater.   Grin)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 12:15:07 am by mns_95125 » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 07:40:49 am »

Well, we can't hear his tone and we don't see his face much.  The words seem more like him, but the words and attitude were very Jakadrian on the last page.

I think the mouseover might be referring to The Watch itself, but it would depend on what the emphasis and flavor of the production was (and who the critics were) for the reviews of productions with Erin in them.  If she were channeling her rage and pain into a performance, it might be so intimidating and blistering as to freak out the audience.  If it were more like the last rehearsal, I figure any such play would open to universal acclaim.

And now for today's stupid question.  Has Dani built up a tolerance/resistance to whatever magical linkage befuddled Erin is strumming here?  She's very turned on, but she seems lucid and concerned which indicates that she has most of her faculties (giving her huge points over everyone else who's been through this experience).  And if Adrian has gone full Jakadrian/DA and wants to pull Dani back under completely, it is exceptionally stupid of him to leave no protection behind him where Westin could just stroll up and steal the party or Julian could get antsy in the car and then be the ultimate opportunist.

ETA--Here's another question.  What's the actual title of this page supposed to be? Top bar and this thread say "Improvisation," the note on the page says "Improvision."

An example of the definition of improvisation: the process of devising a solution to a requirement by making-do, despite absence of resources that might be expected to produce a solution. In a technical context, this can mean adapting a device for some use other than that which it was designed for, or building a device from unusual components in an ad-hoc fashion.

Webster's defines improvision: lack of forethought.  A synonym would be "improvidence."  Very, very different ideas.  Either could be applicable here.  They lead to very different expectations for the immediate future of this plot thread/arc.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 07:56:21 am by jmundt29 » Logged
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 09:18:57 am »

May be try what he was do in the back room of record store with Danielle,Erin and Pearl "Miriam" Cantor
imporvisation of the fix
may the sex mind link?
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 10:28:58 am »

Further thoughts.

Danielle seemed surprised at what they found in the theater.  Adrian less so, if at all.

Has Adrian had any exposure to the "tits and holes" phrasing other than the mind-link connection to the dreamscape?  Is there any significance to Danielle not appearing in the dreamscape yet?

The people whose connection to the dreamscape is via the mind-link are capable of autonomous action, although their personalities have shifted.  Adrian is more assertive and sexually aggressive; Danielle has lost some English skills and started harem recruiting again.  The people pulled into the dream-scape by direct physical contact seem to be limited to masturbating, reciting their mantra and pulling more people in to join them.

Is the Adrian we saw in the dreamscape actually him or a memory of Jakob given Adrian's face for some reason?  I don't think we've heard dream-Adrian say anything that couldn't plausibly be a memory of something Jakob said.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 11:51:23 am »

Julian went to the trouble of telling Claudia of his plan to give Adrian the chance to kill Jakob, even though Claudia has no contact with Adrian. That would suggest he is serious about the plan. I don't know whether to believe that Cherry is lying in a coma somewhere (he told Claudia that too), but if she is then Julian needs Erin as well as the watch.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: