Mind Control Comics Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:46:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which kind of comics do perfer, Keeping in mind less detail equals less wait betwen issues.
High Detail, Color comics - 18 (78.3%)
High Detail, Black and White Comics - 0 (0%)
High Detail B&W with some Detailed Colored frames - 2 (8.7%)
Lower Detail B&W, to move the story along faster - 0 (0%)
Low Detail B&W, but some frames Colored - 1 (4.3%)
Low Detail Colored Comics - 2 (8.7%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What kind of Comics do you perfer?  (Read 12045 times)
gromit
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

« on: November 30, 2016, 08:33:49 am »

I'm curious, which would you prefer detailed Color comics or Black and white drawings. There's benefits to both, of course Color comics look way better, but the production time required is considerable more.  Black and White drawing can be produced quicker, so more frequent issues, there by moving the story along at a faster pace. Or would you be interested in something in the middle, like only colorizing a frame when an important moment in the story occurs.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 09:38:54 am »

There's benefits to both, of course Color comics look way better, but the production time required is considerable more.

It's not nearly as big a jump these days. In the past, there was a strict penciler to inker to colorist to letterer workflow; digital production has made that less rigid, and a lot of artists go straight from pencils (or equivalent sketches) to colors.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 12:12:38 pm »

I can't answer the question the way it's posed.

I like comics which tell the story well. I like art which conveys the characters' actions, emotions, and intentions well. Color, per se, and resolution, per se, are not all that relevant. Some of the less-compelling stories on this site work well because the artwork is solid. Others, which may have stronger stories, fall flat for me, because the artwork doesn't tell the story effectively.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 01:33:25 pm »

Could you maybe give examples of each option?

I generally prefer color and what would qualify as "high-detail" I think.
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 09:47:17 pm »

Could you maybe give examples of each option?

I generally prefer color and what would qualify as "high-detail" I think.
High detail would be along the lines of Heavy Metal magazine or Marvel/DC comics.
Lower detail would be more like a cartoonish webcomic with a simple rendering style without a lot of detail.  (think comic strips)

B&W high detail is like the old Frank Frazetta Conan comics.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 10:26:56 pm »

I may vote
I like both High detailed Color and Black and white
great art work that help tell the story
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 10:42:29 pm »

Always liked Frazetta.

Kirby almost fits low detail, and then suddenly he'd go nuts and design an entire universe. Sal Buscema is probably closer. You wanted a book done on time, Buscema got it done. And two or three others.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 10:43:10 pm »

As a writer, Kirby was a great artist.

There, I said it.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Garg22
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 08:45:39 am »

This would be easier to vote on if we had an example of each.  I wouldn't mind sacrificing some quality for more quantity, but I'd like to know how much I'm sacrificing and how much I'm getting for each.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 09:01:37 am »

This would be easier to vote on if we had an example of each.  I wouldn't mind sacrificing some quality for more quantity, but I'd like to know how much I'm sacrificing and how much I'm getting for each.

Just to be clear, this isn't an official poll. We're not going to switch to B&W comics.

blankjunk
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 06:04:45 pm »

Gotta admit, I'm shallow and vastly prefer highly detailed art.  Even when the writing is excellent, I have a hard time enjoying an illustrated story that doesn't have good art.  And there are some excellent artists working with this site, so I'd vote to give them lots and lots of money Smiley
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 09:27:22 pm »

Within reason on that lots and lots of money. As much as I like most of the artists here, and particularly those with whom I correspond, I'd like the site to remain financially viable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: