Mind Control Comics Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:12:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Our New Site!  (Read 16407 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 23, 2016, 08:51:45 am »

Henri and I are busily working on a top-to-bottom redesign of both the MCT and MCC websites. All new design! All new code!

Among the many forthcoming features are shared accounts between MCT and MCC, a more modern (and faster) design, and a new organization for MCC.

Which is the topic of this post...

What features do you want to see in the new MCC site? For now, assume that the product side (subscription terms, prices) will stay the same. We're looking for ideas in how you would like the content on the site organized, since we now have years and years of content that we need to make accessible.

Thanks!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
michaelscheppard
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 09:02:40 am »

I think the ability to sort through artist as well as date would be a good idea
deleau
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 10:15:34 am »

Search features (title, author, keyword) would be the obvious top of the list.

User customization...like individual "comic stand" section with personal favorites front and center.

It might be more difficult to program, but a "If you liked X, then try Y" would be cool.

Incorporate your monthly newsletters (for both MCT and MCC) into the site.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 10:56:14 am »

User customization...like individual "comic stand" section with personal favorites front and center.

Oh that's a great idea.

It would be nice to have a new system for bonuses. If I'm subscribed for March of '17, I should always have access to that particular bonus. That still incentivizes people to stay subscribed month-to-month without unduly punishing them for missing the bonus at the time. It'd also be nice to have this as an accessible link within the main site, as opposed to a forum post.

This is dangerous fire, but does it make sense to having a voting system on each comic? I know it's sometimes a surprise which comics are loved or not when we do the poll at the end of the year. Allowing a "good-bad-meh" vote on every comic might give better feedback, particularly for those comics that get little discussion on the forum (which seems to be an increasing problem). Potentially, users would only be allowed to see their own vote, to prevent flock mentality, but it may be useful for you guys.

I do also think it makes sense to make one or two issues free for non-subscribers, probably "Hidden Knowledge 1" and "Beyond Rubies 1." That ought to convert them over to paying members right quick.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 11:01:58 am »

Responsive Design (for mobile)

Navigable Metadata:
  • Author
  • (Line) Artist
  • Colorist

Tags, e.g.:
  • Control method(s)
  • Fetishes
  • Character archetypes

Enhanced Viewer:
  • Read an entire series straight through.
  • Easily jump to chapter / page in place.
  • Size comic to window.
av0999
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 11:25:42 am »

Maybe allow a three page preview, that includes the cover. So we can get a taste of cetain story's and decide whether or not we wish to see more.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 11:49:42 am »

I do also think it makes sense to make one or two issues free for non-subscribers, probably "Hidden Knowledge 1" and "Beyond Rubies 1." That ought to convert them over to paying members right quick.

I'd second this, as those are the two stories that brought me here - saw some images from them floating around the internet years ago, and was like "Oh, it's *that* Daphne."

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 11:38:22 pm »

Better sifting and sorting tools for movies and comics.
Maybe user-defined tagging.
Steganography.
Remote access to the government mind control satellites.

I gotta say, I do a lot of stuff under a lot of names and voting systems are damn weird. Some of my most viewed and favourited stuff at the collective is my lower rated. I generally rate my sucesses in sales figures and piracy rate.
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 03:24:27 pm »

• I have always found browsing MCT really hard. Sometimes I just want a thumbnail of all the movies so I can look for what I don't have and see if it piques my momentary interest enough to buy it. It's difficult now to find the "list all movies" link, and the list is too long due to the current formatting.
  • The MCC forum is too chopped up. Most stories don't generate enough conversation to really lend themselves to their own conversation board (or even thread), and so actual conversation doesn't really happen. Certain threads ("coming soon", "bonuses") are obvious exceptions.
  • You've already started moving towards a graphic leading to all of a story's chapters--I like that organization much better than the current long list of each release
  • I often search the current comics page for a title using text search--there needs to be some way to do that to find a story
  • Title pages for the one-page-periodically serials need to be accessible without logging out
  • I miss being able to find a link to QoA; I'd rather not have to bookmark the hidden page where it still lives. What else is in that category?

That's my list. I look forward to your new look!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:57:10 pm by ozymandias » Logged
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 05:09:17 pm »

I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier: streaming video for MCT. Those huge download files don't really fit on a tablet, which is all I have when traveling for work.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 10:50:15 am »

Thank you for the comments! I'm leaving this open to collect more feedback.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 07:53:13 am »

Need more obvious notification of private messages.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 07:53:58 am »

Need more obvious notification of private messages.

We'll be upgrading to SMF 2.0, but otherwise, same old forum software.

Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 07:37:17 pm »

I've always wondered what that stood for. Single Male Female?
kmorea
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 10:26:26 pm »

I've always wondered what that stood for. Single Male Female?

Well, given the "SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC" at the bottom of the forum pages, I'd guess "Simple Machines F*" ... probably "Simple Machines Forums". Or perhaps ""Simple Machines Framework". Or something similar. :-)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: