Mind Control Comics Forum
April 20, 2024, 07:52:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just an observation...  (Read 13094 times)
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« on: September 06, 2016, 12:21:43 pm »

The MC in all these comics can broadly be grouped into three categories: technology (Beyond Rubies, Audiophilia), magic (The Hidden Knowledge, The Chrysalis), and traditional hypnotism (By the Book, Waiting Room). What's missing there is telepathy, the ability to push your own will directly onto somebody else without the aid of a foreign object (pendant, magic book, ruby, etc). This actually holds true of MCT as well. After six years now (!) of MCC and even more of MCT, you'd think telepathy would at least make a showing, wouldn't you? The closest one I can think of is Signal Failure, which was years ago and only a one-off.

My guess is that means Daphne doesn't care for that sub-branch of MC. She's been incredibly diverse in tone, genre, and style, and has explored most areas of the MC fetish to some degree or other, except telepathy. I think if she had any interest, she would have explored it by now. Which makes me wonder why the interest isn't there? It's a branch I quite like myself. Anybody else feel like it's missing?

Anyway, if you're reading this Daphne, I don't mean this as a critique, just something I noticed today.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 12:25:39 pm »

It's a good observation! I'm not exactly why telepathy hasn't been a thing on the site; I don't have any aversion to it. That being said, there's at least one piece out there being drawn right now that uses that (I won't say which one, don't want to spoil the surprise).

Upon reflection, I appear to have some kind of reaction against "super-normal" people as controllers... maybe I want the controllers to be more relatable? Interesting!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 01:35:55 pm »

It's a good observation! I'm not exactly why telepathy hasn't been a thing on the site; I don't have any aversion to it. That being said, there's at least one piece out there being drawn right now that uses that (I won't say which one, don't want to spoil the surprise).

Upon reflection, I appear to have some kind of reaction against "super-normal" people as controllers... maybe I want the controllers to be more relatable? Interesting!
She also doesn't care for vampires, people.
VAMPIRES!
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 01:37:24 pm »

She also doesn't care for vampires, people.
VAMPIRES!

Shhhh! Not so loud!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 03:53:52 pm »

Really? I would have figured Daphne'd be of the set to have appreciated Anne Rice's stuff back in the day.

I would believe that it's not something she's against, we're not exactly at a dearth for source material or inspiration in this kink of ours. To dovetail with what you were saying  about not liking 'super' controllers, perhaps telepathy as something that could be developed via meditation and study?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 04:00:30 pm »

I was indeed into Anne Rice's vampire books, but I've never really eroticized vampires. Weird, I know!

(Speaking of which, what is it with the trope of using mind-controlled women as assassins? I've never quite gotten that one.)

I'm not sure why I haven't done much with it. The stories that launched my career, as it were, were the "Talked Me Into It" series, which might as well be telepathy. (And from which I liberally stole for "Voice Training.")

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 04:32:37 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:16:39 am by GodWilling » Logged
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 05:26:47 pm »

Well, it's got a bit of a unique, uh... delivery, but I'm still waiting for Good to the Last Drop's adaptation  Wink

Going back to Stoker, though, vampires have had an eroticism to them - not really my thing, I'm always scratching my head thinking "They're dead, right? Would you need an amazing amount of lube? That doesn't sound fun." But I always overthink things, that's my job, and some people have an undeniable fascination with the suckers.

Speaking of which, what is it with the trope of using mind-controlled women as assassins? I've never quite gotten that one.

In the context of erotica or just media in general? It does seem to pop up with a lot of frequency, Overwatch even has that going on...

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 05:52:46 pm »

Well, it's got a bit of a unique, uh... delivery, but I'm still waiting for Good to the Last Drop's adaptation  Wink

Going back to Stoker, though, vampires have had an eroticism to them - not really my thing, I'm always scratching my head thinking "They're dead, right? Would you need an amazing amount of lube? That doesn't sound fun." But I always overthink things, that's my job, and some people have an undeniable fascination with the suckers.

Speaking of which, what is it with the trope of using mind-controlled women as assassins? I've never quite gotten that one.

In the context of erotica or just media in general? It does seem to pop up with a lot of frequency, Overwatch even has that going on...
They're not dead.
They're UNdead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGm0t-yVFAA
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 10:01:23 pm »

We do know she likes, or at least doesn't dislike, ghosts.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 05:53:24 am »

(The Master of his domain) use Space person to give the power. he think the eye glow the woman will do.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2016, 12:02:09 pm »

Man, now I've got the idea for a possession/ghost story with some romance and some mc...

av0999
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2016, 03:47:25 pm »

A 3 page preview (Including the Cover) for future comics might work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: