Mind Control Comics Forum
April 17, 2024, 07:01:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Tarot  (Read 17961 times)
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 10:52:05 am »

13 is the King of Wands, not the Hierophant

The King of Wands holds a blossoming wand in his hand, representing life and creativity. His throne and cape are decorated with the lion and the salamander, symbols of fire and strength. The salamanders biting their own tails represent infinity and the ongoing drive to move forward against all obstacles. His robe is bright orange like a flame, and his crown has the shape of tongues of fire.

The Hierophant is a religious figure sitting between two pillars of a sacred temple – though this temple is different to the one in which the High Priestess sits. He wears three robes – red, blue and white – and a three-tiered crown, both representing the three worlds over which he rules (the conscious, sub-conscious and super-conscious). In his left hand, he holds the Papal Cross, a triple sceptre that signifies his religious status. His right hand is raised in the position of a religious blessing, with two fingers pointing towards Heaven and two pointing down towards Earth.

I'm inclined to think that 13 could be either of those, as the cover doesn't match either.  The way this will be resolved is when a future cover clearly has elements making it one or the other, leaving the alternative to 13. I am currently using the Hierophant, because monks, but there is no mention of these in the actual card requirements, nor are other details Hereno cites mentioned in the requirements for the King of Wands.
Dr. White
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2021, 02:14:48 pm »

Okay, so now we have...

1: The Devil
2: The Chariot
3: Wheel of Fortune
4: The Moon
5: 7 of cups
6: 9 of swords
7: 5 of wands
8: 8 of swords
9: The World
10: Queen of Swords
11: 7 of Wands
12: 6 of Swords
13: The Hierophant
14: The Magician
15: 9 of Pentacles
16: 3 of Pentacles
17: 5 of swords
18: 6 of Wands
19: 6 of Pentacles
20: The Lovers
21: 9 of Cups
22: 5 of Wands? (it doesn't look like the five it looks like the six again but only has five 'wands')
23: 7 of Swords

Everything is about sex except sex. Sex is about power. - Oscar Wilde
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2021, 02:53:28 pm »

Preeeetty sure #22 was meant to be another Six of Wands. Five of Wands is about discord, which that cover doesn't show; Six of Wands is about triumph, which the cover does represent, using the iconography of a Six of Wands. You're right that there are only five actual wands visible, though, but I'll chalk that up to an oversight.

I still think #13 is the King of Wands.
Dr. White
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2021, 02:45:29 am »

I'm okay with this...

1: The Devil
2: The Chariot
3: Wheel of Fortune
4: The Moon
5: 7 of cups
6: 9 of swords
7: 5 of wands
8: 8 of swords
9: The World
10: Queen of Swords
11: 7 of Wands
12: 6 of Swords
13: King of Wands
14: The Magician
15: 9 of Pentacles
16: 3 of Pentacles
17: 5 of swords
18: 6 of Wands
19: 6 of Pentacles
20: The Lovers
21: 9 of Cups
22: 6 of Wands (again?)
23: 7 of Swords

Everything is about sex except sex. Sex is about power. - Oscar Wilde
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2021, 03:51:25 am »

Preeeetty sure #22 was meant to be another Six of Wands. Five of Wands is about discord, which that cover doesn't show; Six of Wands is about triumph, which the cover does represent, using the iconography of a Six of Wands. You're right that there are only five actual wands visible, though, but I'll chalk that up to an oversight.

I still think #13 is the King of Wands.

Agreed on both points.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: