Mind Control Comics Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:30:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 449: The Running Man.  (Read 16011 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 22, 2015, 08:33:22 am »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 11:54:24 am »

Is that Johannes's secretary? Does she do ASMR videos on the side?
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 03:31:27 pm »

Dem lips...

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 03:57:55 pm »

Definitely not Arnold Schwarzenegger....

GB
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 09:05:48 pm »

Jakob's network finally touches base with him?  Or is there a pernicious patriarch out there monitoring everything?
stiggle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 01:41:21 am »

Most likely Jakob.

So.... who is the daughter that's failed (which means he's talking to a parent in the know).

Dani?
Pearl/Miriam?
teemusid
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 05:37:54 am »

"Before the phone hits the receiver, you're halfway to the door, the voice says:"
Thanks for putting a smile on this Al Stewart fan's face this morning.
"Time for only the essentials, better gather them and run. False name inside the passport, the gold bars and the gun."
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 06:52:59 am »

last window He say (I have a lot to do now)
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 08:04:16 am »

I'm confused as to if the first two panels represent the same phone conversation as the rest of them... the second panel certainly ends with what might be a goodbye. The women who work for his organization that might have failed - Cherry, Dani, and possibly Miriam. Or the courier with the badonkadonk.

If he's still talking to Angela (Yay! We have a name!), though, it really makes me wonder who her daughter is. Probably Cherry, in that case.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 11:42:17 am »

It must have made a refreshing change. (Only joking.)

I'm sure the first conversation ends at panel two. I thought perhaps he might not be on the phone the rest of the page: I was thinking maybe Rain.

If this is Jakob, it's hard to see why he only has ten minutes to get out - certainly in terms of the threat posed by the women we know about. They've only just come to know he's still alive.

There are two possible exceptions there. Firstly Mallory, daughter of George Mallory (quite possibly that one in this comic) is a bit of an unknown quantity and apparently kills people. And we don't know anything about Astrid (which is after all a Germanic name), and it seems she's about to enter the stage.

My guess is it's Rain though, because as we know, it's always Rain.

But is it Jakob?

And will we get a mini-milestone splash page?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 11:43:33 am »

Steal from the best, I always say!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 12:10:16 pm »

Incidentally, I cleared out my YouTube history and for some reason it's been recommending all these ASMR videos to me, which is what prompted my comment above.

This evening this one was top of the pile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZaZdDdiulM

(If you're going to be annoyed at being sent unnecessarily to a video of a woman whispering, I'll tell you now: it's just a video with a striking similarity to panel one.)
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 04:28:50 pm »

The only reason I could think he'd want to get out in 10 minutes is if General Pellerin was the kind of guy to use Canadian national defense resources to get revenge on the guy who mind controlled his daughter, and he found out somehow. Canada attacking Switzerland out of the blue would be an interesting headline, at least.

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 09:05:08 pm »

"Two most famously neutral countries at war."  You're right.  Interesting headline.

I'm not sure who Angela's kid is.  We can rule out Pearl because we know who her biological mother is.  We can rule out Mallory for the same reason.

Jenn has been Sam Weinberg so far "I have no responsibilities here whatsoever."  She was there to make sure Derek didn't tromp on his....toes too hard trying to execute Claudia's instructions.  I'd tend to lean away from Dani (although one could expect her mother to be quite striking), and Jakob hasn't caught Erin yet.

So..my best guess would be either Cherry or Claudia or someone we haven't met yet.  Unless, perhaps Unflappable Sue is about to be considerably more flapped?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 09:48:14 am »

To clear things up, Jakob is not talking to Angela from panel three onwards.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: