Mind Control Comics Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:38:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 441: Boundary Condition.  (Read 10826 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 28, 2015, 11:28:25 am »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 11:46:31 am »

If that's who it looks like then it's a very promising storyline, this one. And a very promising preview pic. If she's showing them how to bowl a leg break I'll be very disappointed.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 06:25:52 pm »

Bowl a leg break?  Huh?

I think this is Cait and Coates'...um, friends on the squad.  Is this where we see Cait living on the edge of two stimuli and sets of programming again (just like at Sawyer's)?
stiggle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 12:49:56 am »

That's just not cricket - and I approve :-)
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 06:15:30 am »

Is this where we see Cait living on the edge of two stimuli and sets of programming again (just like at Sawyer's)?

I'm not sure there's any mind control going on other than old-fashioned sexiness. I believe the clocktower was disabled.

Definitely a fan of lesbian locker room escapades regardless, though. This looks like it's going fun places. ;-)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 06:23:50 am by Haight » Logged

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 08:24:13 am »

Where does Imani crash?  Is she an upperclasswoman or a fellow freshman with a shared dorm room?

Probably an apartment, huh?

I can't see Adrian having any trouble with this.  After all, Erin has her own fun with Raven. Wink
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 10:57:24 am »

I'm not sure there's any mind control going on other than old-fashioned sexiness. I believe the clocktower was disabled.

Do you think the red circles motif in 436 represent the bell tower in some way? This whole thing could be illustrating for us, through Hitomi's story, what the effect of the bell tower was on Adrian's parents (and other Wilmot students like Astrid and Coates) and how that played out. I'm not sure why Caitlyn would need to be dragged into that though, unless it's so she can provide useful information to the SJI team as they put two and two together at a later date.

I'm inclined to see that circular panel as a flashback to the use of some kind of visual hypnotic device on Hitomi. And its presence at the heart of this scene of seduction suggests Caitlyn is - just this once - the target of someone's plan.

Of course, there's a reason why I'm inclined to see it that way...

But it has been quite heavily flagged up here that Adrian has at least a vague idea where she's going. There may not be any mind control being used on Caitlyn here but I do hope there's going to be. What a pisser if the next episode starts with Adrian saying, "No. I need you to wash my socks tonight."
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 11:36:50 am »

There could also be some mind-controlling effects resulting from the mantis head, even if the tower's online. It's been strongly implied that it can cause BE, at least, so mind control isn't out of the question. Turning the cheerleaders into oversexed lesbians certainly fits within what *I* might do if I ever had access to that sort of technology and a lapse in restraint.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 12:49:33 pm »

Caitlyn has been a magnet for mind control; I think she's been targeted more often than any other character in SJI.  Hypnotized by Zenon, triggered multiple times by Derek, then the Night of the Watch.  A double helping of Pink Clouds and sumliminals at Sawyer's, another shot of Pink Clouds from Alex and Katie, then another hit from the crystal courtesy of Julian.  I hope there's more lurking in the current thread - why break the pattern?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 01:08:44 pm »

Caitlyn has been a magnet for mind control;

Well *that* certainly fits within what *I* might do if I ever had access to that sort of technology and a lapse in restraint.

Speaking of magnets, is there some symbolic meaning to the shop sign (?) above Adrian's head here? (Characters do have a habit of getting themselves drawn just as they're walking under signs like this. I'm no good at symbols.)

There could also be some mind-controlling effects resulting from the mantis head, even if the tower's online.

I seem to recall my first thought on the bell tower was that it broadcast a signal picked up by the antennae on the mantis head. Ah, so long ago...

I guess it's possible that this behaviour is just another aspect of the "mantis effect". That would suggest, given the nonchalant attitude of Mallory towards the phenomenon, that Caitlyn isn't putting herself in peril here. (So that won't do. That won't do at all.)

That would bring me back to the red circles though. It's Caitlyn who's just been wearing the head. I guess the circular panel in 436 could represent something that Caitlyn's experiencing between the two panels either side of it. But then why is Hitomi shown with a different hairstyle in that panel? That panel reminds me of the last panel of 309, when Hitomi met Astrid. But as I say, that's just what I want to be the case really.

I can't see Adrian having any trouble with this.  After all, Erin has her own fun with Raven. Wink

My one fear is that they want her to bring Adrian and that's what she's ringing to ask him.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:36:55 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 12:15:03 pm »

I honestly don't think they're asking her to bring Adrian.  My fear is that they want to make her a present to Coates.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 02:41:48 pm »

Now, you see, I would love that only slightly (only slightly) less than her being a present for Astrid.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 12:56:39 am »

I like the idea of Astrid stealing all of her blundering boy-toy's fun.  I just can't warm up to Coates.  Can't quite express it accurately.  Seeing Astrid drive for an extended period with the fun sounds delicious.  Having to put up with Coates for that amount of time?  Not so much.  It could just be gender bias on my part.  *shrugs*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: