Mind Control Comics Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:43:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 422: Thanks for the Update  (Read 10800 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: July 23, 2015, 11:31:29 am »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 02:02:25 pm »

Six near identical panels of Adrian and Dani in bed looking up at the ceiling. In panel 2 Adrian says, "I just farted." In panel 5 Dani says, "Merci for the update, Maitre."

The key to my success in this game is keeping my guesses vague.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 07:07:12 am »

update information in the family tree!
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 12:08:32 pm »

I think Jacqui's in trouble.

Hey, have we ever seen Adrian mad at anyone besides Derek?  I'm not even sure he was all that mad at Derek.  Hmm.  This could be some new territory. Grin
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 12:53:28 pm »

It wasn't Jacqui who made the previously antipathetic Miriam want to have sex with Adrian. (It seems.)
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 01:52:48 pm »

No. I never said she was.

Jacqui's in trouble for not telling Adrian that Pearl is his half-sister which she clearly knew the whole time.  I don't think Erin is culpable for side effects of a completely necessary healing ritual.  Particularly, because she didn't know the pertinent information at the time.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 02:47:18 pm »

I suspect the pendant played a significant part in their getting it on. So I think Dani and Erin are culpable.

As far as we know Jacqui had no reason to think that was going to happen (367). Telling Adrian that Pat fathered a child that even Pat didn't know about yet, just because said child was now on speaking terms with Adrian would probably have seemed a little premature.
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 02:52:36 pm »

And we can add to that that Jacqui and Miriam were hardly on speaking terms when she was introduced.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 09:06:57 pm »

Yes.  However, she's very aware of the healing ritual and parts of what it was designed to combat.  I'm a little surprised she didn't take Adrian aside and mention something to him, or pump the brakes on Dani's inclusion of Pearl in the secondary programming game.  Perhaps her programming and maternal instinct were in conflict?  Hmm.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 11:30:41 pm »

Unfortunately, we don't have particular reason to suspect that Jacqui has a desire to induct her daughter into the harem, as hot as that might be. Even Erin and Dani's recent escapades were shaded by cutting away.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 10:30:09 am »

I just meant that:

1. She's been programmed to recruit.
2. She's been programmed to not be jealous. and
3. She's been programmed to find the sight of Adrian banging other hot women erotically satisfying.

Spelling those out, they all seem kinda related. Wink

Pearl is a beautiful young woman so the programming would encourage recruitment, but she's also Jacqui's daughter.  Jacqui's victimized daughter.  So the feelings and responsibilities that Jacqui has and assumes because of those situations might conflict with her harem programming.  Have they already?  I don't know.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 04:49:47 pm »

I'm not sure they've been explicitly programmed to recruit. We saw plenty of Marliese's programming and that wasn't in it. In 109 Amy says: "I keep seeing cute girls and thinking, 'I wonder if Adrian would like her?'", to which Laura replies "Me, too." I think in the past I've cited that as evidence that they want to expand the harem, but I think maybe it's more subtle than that.

When you get into a relationship with someone, I don't think it's uncommon to some extent to start seeing the world through that person's eyes - or to try to do that. It's part of figuring out who you both are, and convincing yourselves you understand each other and that you're made for each other. New couples buy each other presents partly to please their partner and partly to demonstrate this understanding, which should please them both if they get it right. This is how men end up with redundant cushions on their sofas.

I think these women are going through something similar. But it's a reflection of their lack of jealousy that they're looking at other women as prospective sexual partners for their man. It's also a reflection of their mostly newfound interest in women as prospective sexual partners for themselves. And I imagine they wouldn't see anything wrong with recruiting new women. But I see this now more as them asking themselves if their taste in women matches Adrian's - and hoping it does.

The key thing is that as far as we know, the watch wasn't used to recruit anyone else after the Night of, er, It. It looks like there was a plan to recruit Raven, but once Adrian had asserted himself as their master, that apparently was off.

I may be wrong but I think if Jacqui had known what Dani and Erin were going to do, she'd have stopped them. Maybe. She probably didn't have to tell Ezra, or Pat, or Miriam, or Adrian. That would depend on the extent to which Adrian will share the details of his sex life with his parents.

To me Jacqui appears to be in the clear. But it is possible that she's let this happen - or even engineered it - for some reason, whilst keeping her hands clean.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 07:58:55 am »

I don't know how she could have engineered it with clean hands.  I don't think she did.  I think she was a little lax in leaving it that long to speak to Erin about Pearl's parentage, but she doesn't appear to have been aware of the plan.

As far as Raven goes, I think the plan was postponed, not abandoned.

Also, almost all of the members of Adrian's harem have previous experience with other women.  Mallory and Marli were a couple.  Jacqui had perfected her technique.  Erin appears to have had experience with women.  Amy had some experience.  I dunno about Laura. So, I think the universality of them seeing women and thinking "she'd be great for Adrian" even before or at the same time as "She's hot" seems to indicate that that's part of the programming.  Remember how satisfied Cait and Jacqui were watching him with the Icelandic Import and Hayley.  How much Cait enjoyed the number system?  Part of the same thing, perhaps?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: