Mind Control Comics Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:28:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 419: How I Met Your Mother  (Read 6159 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: July 13, 2015, 11:02:27 am »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 11:24:56 am »

That's an unhappy Jacqui... :-(

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 12:40:33 pm »

She in a dress wow?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 11:49:05 am »

So...was Pat being malicious?  The...what did they call it and Heartbreakers?  "Conceive and Leave?"  Or were they just not equipped to do more than play?

The pop-up text...hmm.  Lyrics?

And Ezra knows now.  Is he trying to spare her feelings or is he leaving this for Jacqui to clean up?  I can't tell.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 03:43:08 pm »

There's a bit of a land mine here that I don't think has been mentioned.  Ezra knows that Pearl isn't his daughter.  He just learned that Adrian is Pearl's half brother.  But he does not know, unless I missed something, that Pearl has slept with Adrian.

Jacqui knows this, but didn't tell Ezra when she had the chance.

This seems like it's setting Ezra up to handle a potential Pearl meltdown with no warning.  If this blows up on him, well... I'd be pretty pissed off at Jacqui were I in his shoes.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 04:50:37 pm »

I think the inference Ezra was supposed to make from the information that they're half siblings was that at the very least the possibility existed that they might sleep together. And that would probably make sense to him given that Adrian walked Miriam home the previous evening. I'm not sure if the centre panel of 418 is Ezra figuring out that Jacqui knows they did sleep together, or him just realizing that Jacqui is sleeping with her daughter's half-brother. It's a great panel though.

I read the "She's going to want to know who." / "Right. Thank you, Ezra." exchange that follows as meaning Ezra really doesn't know who the father is and Jacqui won't tell him.

If that's correct then I see this as Jacqui giving Ezra the opportunity to break the news to Miriam in so far as it relates to him, whilst leaving her to deal with any explosion. Maybe I've got that wrong but I see it as a considerate act on her part: Miriam does need to know that Adrian is her half-brother, and Ezra probably would feel that it should be he who told her he's not her father.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: