Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:34:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: General Discussion board.  (Read 54010 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: February 10, 2015, 02:11:15 pm »

This is a board for the discussion of general topics that are (a) about the comics on the site, but (b) not about a particular title. Themes you like, character types you dislike, whatever strikes your fancy!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
spiderman27
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Die Hard Pool Of Viagari Fan

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 01:59:23 am »

Hard to tell the themes based on the screens for March comics, but in my head they look like there going to make a good month. Also are videos slowing down. At least the full major production videos?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 08:48:24 am »

Also are videos slowing down. At least the full major production videos?

Nope, one a month as always. February was an odd month, in that the shoot fell later in the month.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 08:51:36 am »

I removed a post today that talked about real-life mind control. I know that the poster didn't mean anything bad by it, but because of the sensitive nature of the fetish (especially to those of us in a commercial setting), we have to be very careful about not talking about real-life things here. Thanks for understanding.

Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 03:21:00 am »

I just removed another post of this nature. Again, I'm sure the poster meant nothing bad by it, but please consider discussion of real-life matters surrounding this kind of thing are off-limits.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 03:28:42 am by Daphne » Logged

gromit
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 04:59:35 pm »

Perhaps you should update the forum rules, where was nothing about posting real life situations restrictions before.  My posting was hardly a how to step by step guide, but more of a what if analytical possibilities.    
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:01:20 pm by gromit » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 05:00:37 pm »

Perhaps you should update the forum rules, where was nothing about posting real life situations restrictions before.  My posting was hardly a how to step by step guide.   

And now you know.

mr_ed968
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 09:02:03 am »

What are some determing factors in deciding on if a comic becomes a series or just remains, in tv terms, a pilot that wasn't picked up? I'm relatively new, a year or so, I've been able to able to read the archieves all the way to current. So, I've read several that I realize are specifically one-shots, but several were open ended that seemed to indicate they were meant to be a series. I've read some stories that didn't really do it for me, one reason or another, so I'm sure that plays into it if you get a large number of subscribers not really digging a story why continue it, kind of thinking. But I'm sure other factors are involved too. I guess I'm just curious about what's behind the curtain kind of thing. Thanks!
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 09:29:52 am »

That's a good question! There's no one governing factor, but here are a few, not in order:

• The availability of the artist. Sometimes, the artist disappears or isn't available to us anymore, and it doesn't make sense to continue the series with another artist.
  • My inspiration. Sometimes, the initial idea just didn't pan out very well, and I'm having trouble doing a proper next issue.
  • Audience reaction. If the reaction is cool, I might push the title down the queue.

The new site will let subscribers mark titles as "favorites", and we're planning to use that to decide what series to continue and which to let go, so that will be a good way of making the last one a bit more concrete.

mr_ed968
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 05:16:17 pm »

The new site will let subscribers mark titles as "favorites", and we're planning to use that to decide what series to continue and which to let go, so that will be a good way of making the last one a bit more concrete.

When is the new site expected to be up approximately?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 08:08:31 pm »

A matter of weeks!

snivgrits
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 11:25:14 am »

You posted a new story entitled "Seriously?", however the pages don't seem to load. What's going on here?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 11:26:13 am »

You posted a new story entitled "Seriously?", however the pages don't seem to load. What's going on here?

Your membership expired.

Milkwood
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2020, 12:23:17 pm »

Why is the calendar no showing forth coming issues any more ? I used to enjoy anticipating up coming releases ie looking to see if any of my favorite stories were being updated now you can only use it to check if you have missed anything.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2020, 12:30:59 pm »

Why is the calendar no showing forth coming issues any more ? I used to enjoy anticipating up coming releases ie looking to see if any of my favorite stories were being updated now you can only use it to check if you have missed anything.

That is a fair question, and it has a surprising answer:

We get more subscribers when we do not announce titles far in advance.

I realize this is completely counterintuitive, but after 10 years of being in business and nearly three years on the new system, it's unmistakable. I'm sure everyone reading this is about to type, "But that's definitely not true of me! I love to see what is coming a month in advance!" And I am sure it is true for you, gentle reader, but in aggregate, it's very clear.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: