Mind Control Comics Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:26:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: When we last left our heroes...  (Read 174484 times)
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2012, 09:18:52 am »

Yes, Cait is confirmed as the only one of the two cohorts who has experienced growth in that area.  Note that for some reason she regarded this as problematic weight gain, her official reason for making an appointment with Zenon.

You are right about that being Erin's favorite makeout spot and she remembers it having an intensifying effect on her.  It is also true that we didn't see the panel before Erin hit it--it's possible that it was set at 1 and just abandoned, but, unless this thing has its very own underground power source distinct from the Wilmot grid, it should have been off due to the power outage during the Night of the Watch (at minimum).  It's a computer, my experience with computers is that loss of power turns them off, but resumption of power doesn't just automatically turn them back on.  You have to physically turn them on and boot them up (of course the vast majority of my experience is with PCs, so...that could mean nothing).  At the very least, we can assume that this is the first time it's been set at 4 since Adrian arrived on campus.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2012, 11:56:56 am »

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:35:06 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2012, 11:57:57 am »

Have I mentioned recently how much we love you guys?

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2012, 12:28:48 pm »

Have I mentioned recently how much we love you guys?

We love you too.  When's the next update? ;-D

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2012, 03:32:31 pm »

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:35:21 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2012, 11:21:44 pm »

Lights and refrigerators turn on automatically when power is restored.  DVRs begin reassembling and reassimilating data "automatically."  Clocks have to be reset.  Computers, televisions, and personal computers have to be turned back on (remote, power button, etc.).  Also, there is a gap between when power is interrupted and a generator kicks in, and that gap, even if it is less than a second, is enough to lose data and require the flipping of the on switch of the PC or the remote, or the CD player.  Even if the system was assembled and installed in 1983 in preparation for admission of young men to the university, for this to work, you'd have to assume that power to the belltower was never interrupted even for an instant in the (probably) quarter century between the end of the experiments when the machinery was set to its lowest setting and abandoned.  I just can't see that happening.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2012, 03:09:28 pm »

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:35:32 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2012, 05:39:24 pm »

1. Yeah, I assumed that.

2. No, I ddin't assume that.  I was indicating that it would take a colossal stroke of luck for the power never to be interrupted.

3. No, I didn't assume that they made that decision.   I assumed that even if they installed a back-up generator, that the set-up of the tech would not allow the system to automatically restart once the generator kicked in (as computers do not automatically restart when back-up generators restore power these days).
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2012, 12:54:36 pm »

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:35:43 pm by GodWilling » Logged
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2012, 10:30:06 am »

GodWilling
 you have more information on Echo She is Adrian EX-girlfriend
also she is in 54 with Danielle
picture on page 141
time up date

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2012, 11:24:21 am »

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:35:55 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2012, 11:25:50 am »

But you're right - it has been a full five days since I last updated it.

Slacker! Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2012, 12:05:04 pm »

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:36:06 pm by GodWilling » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2013, 04:43:55 pm »

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:36:17 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2013, 06:45:08 am »

g15 gives us a potentially happy window with very little context--better than the other spinning possible futures we've seen so far, but too many questions for those of us who WANT a happy ending to just make it a goal.

As to Adrian's impressions of who the "leader" of the harem is...well, leadership isn't clear and his impressions aren't clear.

Dani formed the first cohort, but her "wake-up" knocked her out of it and she was reprogrammed by Mallory and Marliese (which might appear to place her in the second cohort, but there are so many different layers of programming of differing depth and effectiveness on her that she's tough to categorize).  Also, note that it was her idea for the "secret harem" concept in the first place.
Y'know, the interesting thing is that Jacqui's identity isn't in question.  She was almost the last member of the first cohort, but her programming was interrupted.  She isn't really a true member of the second cohort because she's not part of that lineup.  She's the bridge.  Half her programming was done by Dani, and the other half tag team by Erin, Mallory, and Marliese, but as their guinea pig for trial and error.

I think Rain knows more about the dynamics of the harem than anyone else because she knew John, she knows about the Watch history, and she has some sort of prescience (and, in addition, she seems to have gotten the entire second cohort scoop from Marliese).  In fact, she's probably the only person who knows about PC, the belltower, and The Watch (though she may not know about PC's reemergence yet).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: