Mind Control Comics Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:39:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Roll Playing #2  (Read 16524 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: August 05, 2014, 11:34:42 pm »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 11:44:03 pm »

Jack Flack always escapes.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 12:10:20 am »

Looks like this posted five days early.  Oops?
Salanar
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 01:23:08 am »

SHHHHHHHHH!!!
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 04:41:36 am »

Wait a second.  What? Huh Huh Huh

He's using this new die as a half joke to get back at his ex.  He had her swipe the cool chick's sheet and hypnotized the cool chick's character in the game, but not the cool chick.  Now, he's bringing his ex back upstairs for another treatment with her own sheet, and he's using a tentacle monster that the cool chick likes or is supposed to have control of in the game?

So, it wasn't a two-for-one.  Is the cool chick even aware of her character's predicament yet?  I...oh, bother. Angry

Gorgeous art though.  Love the preview. Grin Grin
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 05:19:18 am by jmundt29 » Logged
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 05:51:35 am »

Wait a second.  What? Huh Huh Huh

He's using this new die as a half joke to get back at his ex.  He had her swipe the cool chick's sheet and hypnotized the cool chick's character in the game, but not the cool chick.  Now, he's bringing his ex back upstairs for another treatment with her own sheet, and he's using a tentacle monster that the cool chick likes or is supposed to have control of in the game?

So, it wasn't a two-for-one.  Is the cool chick even aware of her character's predicament yet? 

As I understand it, in issue 1, the character Ajanaia (played by Joy) fell into a trap. The GM had Joy take Ajanaia's sheet and go upstairs; Joy rolled poorly. Now Anne, the one with the choker, playing the mage, has rolled poorly. Her character is confronted by the beholder monster, and she's going upstairs with her character sheet.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 06:15:24 am »

That would make some sense.  However, um...for whatever reason, I got the impression that Too Cool for the Room was playing Ajannia, not Joy.  In fact, I thought Joy was playing the mage.

If Joy were playing Ajannia, wouldn't her ex just say "Bring your character's sheet upstairs?"

Also, notice that Too Cool for the Room doesn't look like she's reacting to what's happening "on the ground floor."  The blond is the gal with the hammer, and there's...wait a second, there are two guys playing the game, where's the other male character?  We seem one character short, even with either Too Cool for the Room or Joy trapped in that pit.  I'm MORE confused now than before.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 06:22:42 am by jmundt29 » Logged
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 07:21:02 am »

That would make some sense.  However, um...for whatever reason, I got the impression that Too Cool for the Room was playing Ajannia, not Joy.  In fact, I thought Joy was playing the mage.
If Joy were playing Ajannia, wouldn't her ex just say "Bring your character's sheet upstairs?"

He might, but doesn't it make much more sense if the woman he takes upstairs for the private session is the one whose character is in the floor trap? Why would he ask her to take someone else's character sheet with her?

Also, notice that Too Cool for the Room doesn't look like she's reacting to what's happening "on the ground floor."  The blond is the gal with the hammer, and there's...wait a second, there are two guys playing the game, where's the other male character?  We seem one character short, even with either Too Cool for the Room or Joy trapped in that pit.  I'm MORE confused now than before.

There's only one male player. He's playing what looks like a fighter/warrior/whatever. We haven't heard the player's name, or his character's name, yet.
The woman with the choker - I assume this is whom you're referring to as "Too Cool for the Room" - plays a mage named Erisa. I don't think we've heard the player's name yet.
The blonde woman, referred to as Anne in image 7 of issue 1, is playing Olusha, probably a cleric.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 10:22:34 am »

Oh...frak.*bangs forehead against tree* Roll Eyes  I went back and took a macro look at both issues.  The elf looks like Joy with an elf makeover.  The mage--well, that's not quite how I'd see Too Cool for the Room with a mage shazaam (I'd have thought more early Angelina Jolie with a wizard's staff and a gun), but I can see how you get from her at the table to the psychedelic mage's outfit.  Truthfully, I've never played Dungeons and Dragons, and the games of it I've seen fake-played on television look as if the Game Master also plays a character in the story.  Maybe that's just a goofy TV convention for laughs? Huh

I guess the second half of issue 3 is an acid test.  Is this Game Master a decent sort with a little mischief in him (a little fake payback for the ex; a little fun with the unattainable chick in the circle) or is he a full-on asshole (using the new die on all the women playing the game just because he can, even when one is clearly his buddy's girlfriend)?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 10:23:39 am »

Truthfully, I've never played Dungeons and Dragons, and the games of it I've seen fake-played on television look as if the Game Master also plays a character in the story.

That's what an NPC is.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 10:24:45 am »

NPC?  The who in the what now? Huh  Okay, just leaned on Wikkipedia.  No reason to invoke King Hezekiah when describing that source.  I guess I understand that better now.  However, that sounds like the NPC is just supposed to be along for the ride as an observer.  The ones I've seen generally seem like compensations for the GM's shortcomings in other situations.*shrugs*
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:29:31 am by jmundt29 » Logged
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 09:17:35 pm »

I think Daphne is about to redefine that acronym to Nympho Player Character.
Salanar
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 02:48:20 am »

Aaaawww she took the toy away Sad (lol)
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 07:28:29 am »

What the?  Huh  She left it up for three days, pulled it on the fourth, to reintroduce it tomorrow?  Huh
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 07:55:16 am »

What the?  Huh  She left it up for three days, pulled it on the fourth, to reintroduce it tomorrow?  Huh

My OCD tendencies to keep the release calendar even finally got the better of me.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: