Mind Control Comics Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:15:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Beyond Rubies #8  (Read 28285 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: March 27, 2014, 12:45:09 am »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 06:48:52 am »

Huzzah!  We have a release date!

I note that Quine's rollout of the bracelet rubies, discussed at the beginning of issue #7, has begun.
Salanar
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 03:17:36 am »

At Last! I'm really looking forward to this installment. So many...naughty possibilities. There's something about taking a bean counter and making her beg for a cock that speaks to me. Perhaps this is because I get ordered around by suits a lot. Or, at least, it sure feels like it.
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 11:57:35 am »

Interested to see how Portal handled the lettering.
I know I didn't make it easy on them this time around with the panel layouts.
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 10:07:21 pm »

Mobius panels?
Salanar
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 12:04:23 am »

You can see the comic on the home page but the comic itself is nowhere to be seen.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 12:08:40 am »

A refresh got it going for me.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Salanar
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 12:28:39 am »

Yeah, I had to refresh the page about four times for it to show up.

The team did NOT disappoint. This is an excellent addition. The panels take some getting used to. I have mixed feelings about this this time around, but still very hot. I hope there's more to come. A huge thank you to everyone who contributed to this amazing addition to the series.
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 12:32:44 am »

Brilliant as always. Really superlative work.
The only bad thing? Having to wait for #9 to see what happens next!
gortogs
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 01:38:41 am »

So, do we see many background characters?  That's something I've always enjoyed, the hints that more and more rubies are being released and having an effect.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 07:15:08 am »

Beyond Rubies remains a superlative achievement.  I renewed my subscription yesterday for one year, and I feel as though I've already received a pretty good ROI.

I love how this corporation is well into the advanced stages of global mind controlled slavery and even executives in the company itself have no idea what the hell is going on.

I love how many details are packed into the comic - like how much of a total sword and sorcery geek Gabrielle is, or how the female executives introduced at the beginning of #7 are now being brought under control.

As usual, high praise all around for this instalment.  To echo Elenchos, the wait begins for the next issue!
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 09:41:05 am »

Great art, good story, hot stuff.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 03:35:52 pm »

Loved this issue.  The plot-to-hot ratio is just about dead on.

One thing, though... did the dialogue get shuffled around a bit on Page 4?  Laura says, "Laura's here to see you"; and Andrea says, "Sit, we're both directors now."  A lot of the characters are starting to look the same -- which is ok and, in fact, the point -- so that threw me for a while.
branruz
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 04:22:56 pm »

One thing, though... did the dialogue get shuffled around a bit on Page 4?  Laura says, "Laura's here to see you"; and Andrea says, "Sit, we're both directors now."  A lot of the characters are starting to look the same -- which is ok and, in fact, the point -- so that threw me for a while.

Indeed, if he takes control of Laura, how come she's the one saying "Laura's here to see you" ?
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 04:32:50 pm »

Sounds like the word balloons got flipped.  I never looked at the letters.
It is supposed to be Laura saying "sit..".

The "they're starting to look the same" thing is actually NOT the point. 

Laura has reddish hair, which I thought looked different enough compared to Andrea when they're in the same scene.  She even has a lighter skin tone. I put extra time into trying to differentiate their faces and stopped changing their hairstyles so there would be less confusion. 
Dunno what else to do at this point, honestly.  "Draw better", I guess.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: