Mind Control Comics Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:16:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 273: Desperation Takes Hold.  (Read 25895 times)
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 08:24:10 pm »

Perhaps the Julian/Cherry axis is going for more than one thing.  We seem to be assuming that Julian is a partial heir to Jakob.  He knows about the Watch, and he seems to have the loyalty of at least one of Jakob's former harem.  Per Cherry, Jakob wanted to add Erin to the harem, perhaps because of her magical abilities.  So what if Julian is trying to pick up where Jakob left off?  He'd want to get the Watch reconstructed and he'd want to somehow recruit Erin.  If he knows about the problems with multiple conflicting Watch programs then he wouldn't want to use the Watch for that purpose, so some kind of psychological manipulation would have to serve.  Such as, perhaps, playing on Erin's guilt over what happened to Cherry.

Random speculation is fun!
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2014, 11:25:44 pm »

@Haight - Thank you for the clarification...it does help. I think, sometimes, my coloring 'fights' a little with PK's inks...he has a wonderful 'noir' style (especially prevalent in these kinds of dramatic pages) and I'm never sure I'm a good enough colorist to complement the black and whites...learning all the time, though and your comments do get taken on board so thank you for them Smiley

@Werdna - Awwww...thank you from both of us.

@Everyone else - sorry...didn't mean to interrupt the flow...carry on Cheesy

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 12:08:19 am »

Why would Miriam help Adrian and have rifle?

Why would Miriam return to Kearsarge at the same time as Q?

Miriam came here to go to school
SJI- G-01
It's the Best Jewish Studies Program in the Country
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 11:23:43 am »

Miriam came here to go to school

And it's just a coincidence that she came back at the same time as Q? I mean it may be. But if it isn't then she would need an excuse to be here, wouldn't she?

We seem to be assuming that Julian is a partial heir to Jakob.

For what it's worth, my feeling is that Jakob needed to disappear and Julian & co may be the reason why. But, yeah, random speculation...
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 01:01:29 pm »

Miriam show up SJI-I 84 and we find out from rain that Q is out jail SJI-I101
Yes it's hard to say
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 03:24:59 pm »

Miriam show up SJI-I 84 and we find out from rain that Q is out jail SJI-I101

And I think those two episodes take place on the same day - although obviously I'm not suggesting this means they actually both arrived back in town on that day.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 05:26:37 pm »

I think Pearl's visit to her mother is the...oh, nope.  That is a question.  How long had Kanti been going out with Q when #49 crossed their path.  The visit from Pearl and the first crash into Q happen the same night, but Q has to have been around for a bit before that happens.  I think Rain's visit happens the night before Pearl crosses paths with her mother and Q has a cue ball dropped on his toe.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2014, 06:21:51 pm »

Memorably we were formally introduced to Rain in SJI 101. That episode begins with Jacqui looking at a photo of her and Pearl in happier times. For once we understood what we were seeing there because we'd just met Miriam. Miriam had turned up (for the second time) while Jacqui was going over a couple of things with Adrian in the stock room. Adrian recounted to Erin what happened there after her brief introduction to Q. So... all those things happened on the same day.

So Jacqui found out on the same day that both Miriam and Q were back in town. But it was ages before it became clear that Q was Jacqui's ex, so the coincidence there was kind of hidden in plain sight. As I've pointed out before, Pink Clouds, Miriam, and Q were introduced to us in very rapid succession without us seeing the connections. You only appreciate just how good the storytelling is when you look back. And, I mean, just look at the last two panels of 83...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: