Mind Control Comics Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:53:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Daffyd Doing an End Run Around Clovis?  (Read 6036 times)
Alan Bostick
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Pervy mind-control fancier

« on: November 01, 2013, 03:29:48 pm »

A 360-Page Book That No One’s Ever Been Able to Read Is Coming Back Into Print

(What the article doesn't say, but should, is that the Codex Seraphinianus, like the book that is making Daffyd's life so interesting, was clearly inspired by the Voynich manuscript.)

Alan Bostick
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Pervy mind-control fancier

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 09:56:34 am »

Speaking of the Voynich manuscript:

Voynich Manuscript partially decoded, text is not a hoax, scholar finds
http://www.medievalists.net/2014/02/20/voynich-manuscript-partially-decoded-text-hoax-scholar-finds/

This linguist didn't get much, just a few words, but enough to verify that the manuscript appears to be genuine.
Professor Bax explains, “I hit on the idea of identifying proper names in the text, following historic approaches which successfully deciphered Egyptian hieroglyphs and other mystery scripts, and I then used those names to work out part of the script.

“The manuscript has a lot of illustrations of stars and plants. I was able to identify some of these, with their names, by looking at mediaeval herbal manuscripts in Arabic and other languages, and I then made a start on a decoding, with some exciting results.”

The story does not indicate whether or not any women in the vicinity of the University of Bedfordshire have begun behaving peculiarly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: