Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:37:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Date Movie #3  (Read 22064 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: July 04, 2013, 02:33:44 pm »

The conclusion, in which all* questions will be answered!

* Note: Not all questions may be answered.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 07:17:41 pm »

Question--Daphne, are you farming out writing now?  I thought this comic was one of yours.  Did Mr. Pratt take it over, or was it his submission in the first place?  Or, is this a trend?  Will you be farming out other recurring series as more cash flow comes in with the new system to "catch up"?

And nope.  This was Bill Pratt's submission from the beginning.  Interesting.  Is he slated to work with you on any other titles?  I don't recall his name anywhere else on the site.  Does he have new ideas in the hopper?  Has he worked with you previously on other titles?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 07:19:49 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
Salanar
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 12:37:16 am »

Bill Pratt? I see William Pratt on all three comic title covers. Perhaps this was trial content, if you will, to see the artist's work. Could also be a team collaboration on the artists' end and Daphne liked it enough to pay for it and post it for our...pleasure.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 06:21:10 am »

William Pratt is, for me, one of the very small number of "absolutely must read any new material" authors on mcstories; he is funny, writes characters and plot well, and brings the heat apparently effortlessly.  I am beyond thrilled we're getting another issue of his story here.  (I remember hearing something ages ago about his Webmistress of Dot.hl story coming to MCC, and I would pay double the current subscription rate if that would happen, though I'm assuming I either invented that out of thin air as a wish fulfillment or it couldn't be worked out.)

Anyway, to reiterate:  this is awesome.  I await next Wednesday!

Edited to add:  looking at the cover (great art, btw!), I guess that's Nicole looking at a screen with Terri (in glasses), Asha, and Lindsey-as-Britney?  I wonder if that means Nicole will be sucked in too.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 11:34:01 am by Werdna » Logged
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 06:04:49 am »

Not all questions may be answered, indeed.  I want to know what happened to Nicole!  In issue #2, it appeared as though the main character had begun a relationship with Nicole, but that went unmentioned here. 

Also, poor Britney, unable to remember her pre-movie life.  Lindsey-as-Britney was pretty far gone by this issue, so I presume Britney was getting there as well.  Britney's internal dialogue on page 3 was kind of a sad note in something that otherwise had a pretty happy ending.  Also, I kind of want Asha and Teri to get out of the movie too.

Still, on the whole, a very enjoyable conclusion.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I'd welcome more joint ventures with William Pratt as author, and I loved the art here as well.  The only thing that is truly upsetting is that this story seems to be over, even though I think more could be wrung from this world.
tahu1809
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 05:30:09 pm »

God I wish there was a way to buy individual comics.
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 09:13:10 am »

Kind of a clarity/post mortem question. What do you folk think is going on in the last page?
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 09:43:23 am »

I think what's happening is that Lindsay got out, and the two 'smart' ones left in the movie now believe that they can leave the movie behind and hook up with real people who aren't constantly informed by the tropes of the movie they're caught in.  Hence, why I think a sequel is possible (and desirable!).

In effect, I think Lindsay 'infected' them with aspirations that drive them beyond their original characters' limits.

Another possible explanation: the two of them are, in fact, "real" people who are just now realizing they were inserted into the film (like the 'original' Britney) and are plotting to get out.  But I think my first explanation seems more likely, in an Occam's Razor sense.

Also, it seems the Britney character is really far gone - completely bimbified. (bimboozled? bimbonated?)  That seems to be an element of that character, and it seems to consume whoever is there.

Lastly:  great work on the whole series, Geo/William Pratt!

ETA:  wait.  Is that last panel Nicole and Omi watching the movie?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:14:18 pm by Werdna » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: