Mind Control Comics Forum
September 29, 2024, 04:18:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 200: The Bastion  (Read 10866 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: July 03, 2013, 02:22:59 pm »

Coming Friday, July 5th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 08:16:50 pm »

The Bastion--hmm.  I'm totally clueless here (unsurprisingly).  I feel like this is a reference to the Belltower again, but can't back it up.  Now, is this just a number (like watching mileage click over) or are there plans for a special of some sort to commemorate this milestone (even if it's quite different from the #100 special)?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 02:04:21 pm »

That would be "Come Under My Spell." Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 07:10:01 pm »

Meaning we're going to see an homage scene here too?  Okay, cool.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 11:15:09 pm »

Meaning we're going to see an homage scene here too?  Okay, cool.

You might just be overinterpreting here. Smiley

Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 06:24:27 am »

I, like Adrian, haven't read X-Men since I was twelve either.  Perhaps I'm just in the end-of-week exhaustion phase, but can someone enlighten this poor dolt as to what Erin's talking about?

Also:  I wonder what Dani will look like in the next issue!

Lastly:  200!!  Congrats to the whole team.  Here's to the next 200!
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 07:41:58 am »

I get the X-men reference.  The more people who know, the more danger our loved ones are in ( as would be targets of our enemies).
As for Erins hand.  A blood payment to the house or something that lives there, or to fortify a defense already in place.  Blood is pretty serious stuff duh.   I can see some symbolism in drawn blood under a rain spout.  Cleansing ritual: lovingly cut, lovingly cleansed, lovingly healed.   I cant see Erin doing this at the 4 corners/cardinal points of the infirmary.  Time will tell i guess.  The blood in the snow... it just seems so sloppy in contrast to her robes & blade.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 07:48:56 am »

Just a note that the rules of magic (or whatever it is) in SJI need not be the same or parallel to any real-world magical practice...

Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 07:55:11 am »

Gotcha.  I'll just be quiet & enjoy the ride.  Smiley And now to speculate as to what Dani is wearing.

Just a note that the rules of magic (or whatever it is) in SJI need not be the same or parallel to any real-world magical practice...
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 08:29:05 am »

Thanks, Chettbaker - very helpful.

re: blood.  I've been trying to put together a post that doesn't sound either painfully obvious or irritatingly esoteric on the recent motif of blood, especially wrt to Erin and magic.  But I can't quite express it properly - points would be about the power of blood magic, the fact that Erin is menstruating (and knows exactly when the cycle occurs - her 'good relationship with her uterus' in issue 187), the absorption of Dani's injuries into herself, and now the whatever it was with the knife and the blood in the snow with the issue titles relating to defensive fortification.  I feel like there's a thematic unity there but it's not clear to me what it means.

Of course, my general reaction to any new SJI is "it's not clear to me what it means", so nothing new there.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 10:44:15 am »

Grin happy 200

The may be cleaning all the bad stuff was in Danielle and Erin cleaning her system
so you can say bad blood Huh
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:17:01 pm by laguna85 » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 12:05:42 pm »

Her hand?  I thought it was her leg.  Maybe her hand and her leg.  Dani might also be with someone, not just wearing something ridiculously sexy.  Maybe Dani caught Kanti trying to break in.

Which brings me to a couple important questions:  where's the watch, who has it now, and what condition is it in?
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 01:05:24 pm »

Her hand. In  comic we see Erin pulling the blade through her hand, letting the blood drop and
wrapping it up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: