Mind Control Comics Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:22:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Well shoot...  (Read 12272 times)
Bahamad
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« on: February 14, 2013, 04:25:23 pm »

For those that don't follow HMB's artblog, sounds like the resident artist isn't involved in the series at this point.

http://hmbartblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/forgot-my-password.html

If you're still reading here HMB, sorry to hear you're no longer working on them and thanks for what you did create.
stormrazor2000
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 05:30:14 pm »

That is highly distressing news.  It's starting to feel like this site is winding down operations. Admittedly I haven't been following the forums here very closely and I think I saw some talk of a rebirth under another name, but if artists like HMB are no longer on board, then it will certainly be poorer for it.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 05:32:46 pm »

It does sound as though he's done with the site, but I choose to live in hope and read his answer as "I have finished my part of the creation of those two issues," rather than that he's no longer working on those series.

I speak from a state of total ignorance, of course.

EDIT: Ah, well.  Now my ignorance is only near-total.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 06:51:01 am by Werdna » Logged
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 06:40:37 pm »

It does sound as though he's done with the site, but I choose to live in hope and read his answer as "I have finished my part of the creation of those two issues," rather than that he's no longer working on those series.
An entirely plausible reading. They could be with the colorist or letterer.
At least I hope so.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 11:08:25 pm »

Future issues of Con 'Fused and Beyond Rubies will be from a different artist. We enjoyed working with HMB, and we wish him all the best in everything.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
downer
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Excited, can't you tell?

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 06:26:37 pm »

Rather surprising news. I wonder who will take the reigns. Someone from the existing roster, or someone new.

Favorites: 4f, Beyond Rubies, Bibliomancy, By the Book, St. James Infirmary, The Hidden Knowledge, Wizard of Bras

Interested: Checkered Past, Drains, Free Trade Zone, Green Sign, Stream, The Persuader
Salanar
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 01:23:21 am »

Beyond Rubies is awesome. I'm hoping it joins the update roster soon.
vengeance1980
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 02:41:48 pm »

Sad to hear.  Hate to say, but it was one of the best reasons I had for wanting to re-up a subscription here. 
Garg22
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 08:44:26 pm »

Now I'm stuck wondering WHY this happened.  I don't think either side will explain, as either HMB parted on good terms or didn't and if it's the second both parties are too professional to say so.

I honestly feel a bit sorry for whoever takes over the art, they'll have some big shoes to fill and high expectations to meet.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 04:32:17 pm »

Now I'm stuck wondering WHY this happened.  I don't think either side will explain, as either HMB parted on good terms or didn't and if it's the second both parties are too professional to say so.

I honestly feel a bit sorry for whoever takes over the art, they'll have some big shoes to fill and high expectations to meet.

Pretty much my take on the issue as well.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: