Mind Control Comics Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:53:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Waiting Room #1  (Read 34494 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: November 28, 2012, 12:09:04 am »

Dr Laurel helps the former patients of Dr Michaels undo their programming...

Coming Wednesday, November 28th!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:39:15 pm by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 12:35:18 am »

Sounds... familiar.   Smiley
Garg22
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 12:51:28 am »

I think I've seen this face before.  Grin  Though if you're going to use the Theater as inspiration or jump points for comics, may I suggest Yard Sale at Hell House?  After all who's to say that the TV was the only item there that could enslave women?  What would happen if several of these items were bought by people in the same area, would these new masters get along or would they compete against each other?

As for the comic itself I really enjoyed it.  I will admit, I don't have the movies as I've never been a fan of Fdom mind control, but this had just the right mix for me, and I'm very interested to see what happens next.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 02:18:22 am »

A little bittersweet for me.  It's as if you took inspiration from two of your most popular series of MCT films, merged them, and set the resultant child loose.

Positives--

1. Seeing a character Daphne Rosen portrayed for you (the Dr. from the Waiting Room series) intereact with one similar to, perhaps inspired by another she played for you (the Secretary from the Employee Orientation series--though Margo is single and Janice is married) was intriguing (and certainly something you could never film...easily).

2. The story is interesting, even if the new competing character at the end is a bit puzzling).

3. The art is gorgeous.

Negative

and this isn't much of a negative, just sort of bittersweet.  You're using at least one character Ms. Rosen portrayed for you in an interesting way, you worked with her art before, but she isn't involved in this comic at all?  In spite of the beauty of the comic and the interest going forward, that seems like a missed opportunity.

ETA--What's with the Watch with the M on it?  And that last question "What are you?"  Not who but what.  Is this a hook into the Beyond Rubies Universe and she's meeting Mum-Ra/Skeletor/whatever-he-is for the first time?

I also second the motion for turning Yard Sale into a recurring comics series--though returning to the theme for MCT upcoming releases isn't a bad idea either.  As a C-Ducer and "Click" fan, I have to put a plug in for incorporating the C-Ducer into one of your continua somewhere.  What we're getting is excellently done and beautiful.  It whets the appetite and fires the imagination (just as it is meant to).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 02:49:12 am by jmundt29 » Logged
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 09:00:23 am »

there is a lot mind control trigger
button Trigger, watch trigger
he waiting outside and take control

Now we see more the in the office.
Garg22
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 01:26:31 pm »

As a C-Ducer and "Click" fan, I have to put a plug in for incorporating the C-Ducer into one of your continua somewhere.

Second the C-Ducer idea, and add in the idea that an old man thinks it's his TV remote so he keeps pushing buttons, but it's working on the woman in the apartment next door much to her boyfriends delight.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 01:30:32 pm »

Second the C-Ducer idea, and add in the idea that an old man thinks it's his TV remote so he keeps pushing buttons, but it's working on the woman in the apartment next door much to her boyfriends delight.

That is a great, great idea. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Garg22
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 01:52:05 pm »

That is a great, great idea. Smiley

Thank you.  I'll count this as high praise indeed coming from you.  Grin
hypnonile
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Angry Comic Book Nerd

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 09:39:00 pm »

Awesome! I loved those two films from MCT. Cannot wait for next part!   Grin
Anton_Gio
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Artist

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 10:22:25 pm »

Glad to hear that everyone liked this issue.  I can't wait to bring you more!
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 02:54:58 pm »

I hope volume 2 is in the hopper for the new year.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 02:55:20 pm »

I hope volume 2 is in the hopper for the new year.

Most definitely!

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 02:36:25 pm »

I certainly hope this is in the hopper.  I realize it's been a hectic month with the new CC possibilities, the pending shifts, and the new DFM production(s), but I'm...well, both concerned and hopeful.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 08:14:17 am »

Nice to see that both Anton and Sorenka are still affiliated with the site.  Any progress on volume 2 or the frustrated neighbor C-Ducer story?
Anton_Gio
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Artist

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 08:21:05 pm »

Thanks for the interest in this title, jmundt29.  Yes, issue #2 is on the way.  Unfortunately my schedule prevented me from starting on it right when I received the script.  Expect an update in a few weeks.  Sorry for the delay.   Embarrassed
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: