Mind Control Comics Forum
September 19, 2024, 04:46:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 123: Kiss Me, Kate  (Read 19769 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 11, 2012, 08:09:18 am »

Coming Friday, October 12th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 08:14:24 am »

I assume this is the aftermath of the admission and the naming in the last issue, and that the title uses Kate as an allusion to the play(s) because we haven't met a character named Kate yet.  It should be very interesting.  Seems like a splash page.  It would be quite something if it were as stunning as the final panel of the last issue.
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Reformed Spiritual Grifter

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 03:57:57 pm »

Had to post this:  BBC series called Shakespeare Retold.

Rufus Sewell  nails it!.. and it is just a Great Play on its own.  So much fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw1YT9gt13A

Three cheers for Friday!
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 04:47:10 pm »

Oh, my god, that's hilarious! Thank you!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 02:37:01 am »

Chick in costume, bit of on stage passion, bit of the bard, blow her mind text message (no doubt next panel would be her in a bathroom stall, biting her lower lip, pleasure plastered across her face, one hand roaming down below playing with herself getting wet, reading and re reading said text message a low moan escaping her lips).   Or.... Jaqui clearly distracted driving a car, other cars honking as she speeds past, one hand gripping cars steering wheel , the other looking at phone, a mix of ecstacy, distraction and other emotions on her face,  we see the top of Erins head going down on her lap with Erin demanding "read it again! "as she pleasure Jaqui as they rush home to see what new pleasures await them.  

cough.

This comic works as a continuous expansion of the SJI universe..the world is a stage, or in this case the stage is another part of this crazy comings(no pun intended) world where you could do god only knows what with a cast of horny women, a pocket watch, a costume department, and any other number of hypno/mind control devices at your disposal.

Sooo Good!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:49:47 am by Chettbaker » Logged
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 03:43:14 am »

The Episode number on the frame says 124.... Huh
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 04:01:38 am »

Sonnet 123?

LMAO! Now look who is looking too deeply into things.  Back again back again  jiggidy-jig!

SONNET 123

No, Time, thou shalt not boast that I do change:
Thy pyramids built up with newer might
To me are nothing novel, nothing strange;
They are but dressings of a former sight.
Our dates are brief, and therefore we admire
What thou dost foist upon us that is old,
And rather make them born to our desire
Than think that we before have heard them told.
Thy registers and thee I both defy,
Not wondering at the present nor the past,
For thy records and what we see doth lie,
Made more or less by thy continual haste.
   This I do vow and this shall ever be;
   I will be true, despite thy scythe and thee.
_________
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 09:21:58 am by Chettbaker » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 07:46:42 am »

And I look at this and say two things.

1. New rival in Weston

2. Is this the start of a precipitous downward spiral for Adrian?  Please let it not be that.Cry Cry

Oh, got me again on Taming of the Shrew rehearsal.  I caught the reference, but didn't put it together.  Perhaps that was partially because I figured that Erin was conveniently lying to Jacqui when she left.

If we didn't have a few flashbacks to cast doubt, I might ask if the choice of play is supposed to be a reference to Erin and Jacqui's transformations under the Watch--but Erin seems to have been open, giving, and comfortable, before the trauma of her last relationship.*shrugs*
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 03:57:13 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 03:33:39 pm »

I guess what I'm missing is how Adrian feels about this?  Is he mad? Hurt? Confused? All of the above?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 03:56:22 pm »

He seemed hurt and confused when he was talking to Rain.  He seemed gentle talking to Jacqui.  Text message seems totally in control, maybe even eager--which is why I'm uneasy now.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 04:06:19 pm »

Text message seems totally in control, maybe even eager--which is why I'm uneasy now.

I'll just mention that in both versions of the song, a woman is singing it.

powerpossum
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 04:11:31 pm »

I guess what I'm missing is how Adrian feels about this?  Is he mad? Hurt? Confused? All of the above?

Daphne says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIGMUAMevH0

And I say:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PtB-Y8-nsM

Because we communicate entirely in YouTube posts, like normal people.
Chettbaker
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 06:11:08 pm »

This adds nothing but:

You guys Rock!  Bosstones vs the Duke
or
Never having to knock on wood. Never having been challenged But thinking you've got what it takes if you had to.

vs

Just looking to be a good person '.  Having faced it the hard way and knowing that Doing good feels better than being bad.

Again, You guys Rock!
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 12:16:11 am »

My hypothesis: The programming from the watch is not reversible.  Rain knows this and told Adrian.  This means he has a group of women who are all permanently in love with him and who can only be happy as his slaves.  He can't free them; the kindest thing he can do for them is be the Master they want and need him to be.  That's the thing Rain asked him if he could do at the end of their conversation.

It makes sense to me... it certainly would explain the change in his behavior in a way that doesn't involve him suddenly becoming a dick.  Time will tell.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 03:27:55 am »

I like that explanation.  Let's go with that for now.  Of course, the reason or reasons why Rain would know that much about The Watch are unclear, but I still like it.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: