Mind Control Comics Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:31:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Inheritance #8  (Read 6260 times)
crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2023, 11:51:34 pm »

Hadn't noticed the discussion had continued on this one. Nothing to add, but interesting to read. And thanks for the extra insight into the story, Daphne.
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2023, 07:50:12 am »

Boy, I was wondering why this thread was so long when most of the threads on this forum are less than ten posts.

the "ethical/unintentional controller" stories have such a big demand among the MC kinkster audience

I dunno if that's true.  There's a certain sub-genre that I like to think of as The Sad Mind Controller.  It's that variation in which the mind controller says "Oh, I am a bad person, what I am doing is terrible!  Cindy, on your knees.  Oh, I am riven by guilt and shame, woe is me!  The shame!  The shame!  Cindy, open wide please."  I've always found such stories to be sort of tiresome and if the mind controller is wallowing in self-pity and recrimination while also building a harem, then I usually quit reading.  Of all the various kinks and fetishes in the world, ours is just about the only one which is impossible, and I've never cared for fiction that seeks to shame me while I read it.

That said, I don't know if I've ever read a comic on this website that fits that description.  This one is...not the best at MCC.  The best comic on this site is of course "The In-Law Unit", "The Ring Cycle" is very good, "Unknown Pleasures" is really good, "A Friend in the Family" is terrific (still surprised that one was sort of hidden as a bonus), I liked the one-shot "Sweat Equity".  The first comic ever, "Obedience", is still one of the best.

So I like MCers that don't get into guilt and shame, see above.  Accidental MCers can be the center of really good stories, like the best story Downing Street wrote at the EMCSA, "Talked Themselves Into It."  "Enchanted Summer" is another example of the accidental MCer, but I like that one, as the hero eagerly avails himself of the power once he figures out what's going on and winds up scooping all the girls into his harem. This particular comic is OK.  The protagonist is still enjoying the benefits of a hot MC harem.  He isn't browbeating himself--and thus we, the readers--with shame.  The art is good.  I don't see anything in this comic that would lead one to quit the website in a rage.

In conclusion, more "The In-Law Unit", please.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: