Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:33:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beyond Rubies #5  (Read 31789 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 08:32:36 am »

That's a fair question Laguna.  Er, would you like to share an updates on the publication process for this volume HMB?  Daphne?  Bueller?Wink

Normally, I do not talk publicly about production processes and problems, but I'm going to make an exception in this case.

Waranghira has had the materials for Beyond Rubies #5 since April 9. We agreed to a three-week turnaround, which would have been April 30th. He hasn't responded to any of my emails since May 2nd, although some of the pages have come in since then (we currently have eight of the thirteen pages).

I assume that we'll get the remaining four pages at some point, although I can't say when. BR5 was originally scheduled for last week, but when it became clear that Waranghira wasn't going to hit the deadline, Portal stepped up to fill the gap.

So, I dunno. As you can probably tell, I'm very unhappy about this, because this continues a pattern of him crashing through deadlines without communicating with me. It's very unfair to HMB, who is extremely fast and professional about deadlines; it makes it look like he's the bottleneck in getting new issues of Beyond Rubies up, which could not be farther from the truth.

If Waranghira had been willing to communicate with me about what is going on, and give me revised deadlines, that would have been one thing; I don't like it when people miss deadlines (who does?), but I fully understand that things happen, and I've been very flexible in the past when people work with me. But since he's not communicating with me privately, and frankly not dealing with me professionally in this matter, I'm no longer willing to take the heat for him.

So, BR5 will be up as soon as either Waranghira delivers, or we reassign the work to another colorist and he or she gets the pages done. It's up to him at this point.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:49:44 am by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 09:04:56 am »

Er, wow.  I'm very sorry about the difficulties.

Daphne--I've known you through the magic of computing for...three years now?  I can only remember you being this upset two other times.

HMB--I apologize most sincerely for impugning either your honor or your professionalism.  I hope that this situation gets resolved to your...well both of your satisfaction.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 10:03:18 am »

Just to be clear, we'll make sure that the correct number of comics appears over time, even if there's a glitch in the schedule.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
tods1976
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 04:03:08 pm »

The only logical way to deal with this is a Brothel 2 teaser in the meantime Wink
stormrazor2000
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 03:05:50 pm »

The delay makes me a very sad camper.  Sad
Lord_Blight
Browser
One Star Sneetch

COBRA Warlord

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 04:17:28 pm »

That's a fair question Laguna.  Er, would you like to share an updates on the publication process for this volume HMB?  Daphne?  Bueller?Wink

Normally, I do not talk publicly about production processes and problems, but I'm going to make an exception in this case.

Waranghira has had the materials for Beyond Rubies #5 since April 9. We agreed to a three-week turnaround, which would have been April 30th. He hasn't responded to any of my emails since May 2nd, although some of the pages have come in since then (we currently have eight of the thirteen pages).

I assume that we'll get the remaining four pages at some point, although I can't say when. BR5 was originally scheduled for last week, but when it became clear that Waranghira wasn't going to hit the deadline, Portal stepped up to fill the gap.

So, I dunno. As you can probably tell, I'm very unhappy about this, because this continues a pattern of him crashing through deadlines without communicating with me. It's very unfair to HMB, who is extremely fast and professional about deadlines; it makes it look like he's the bottleneck in getting new issues of Beyond Rubies up, which could not be farther from the truth.

If Waranghira had been willing to communicate with me about what is going on, and give me revised deadlines, that would have been one thing; I don't like it when people miss deadlines (who does?), but I fully understand that things happen, and I've been very flexible in the past when people work with me. But since he's not communicating with me privately, and frankly not dealing with me professionally in this matter, I'm no longer willing to take the heat for him.

So, BR5 will be up as soon as either Waranghira delivers, or we reassign the work to another colorist and he or she gets the pages done. It's up to him at this point.

Damn  . . .  Angry
waranghira
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

MCCColorist

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 07:36:58 am »

I'm officially out. Wish I could have finished this installment, but it has been decided that you patrons don't deserve to wait as much.

Thank you for everything, Mind Control Comics!
-waranghira

"Beyond Rubies" and "Bibliomancy" colorist.

For my DA gallery: http://waranghira.deviantart.com
For stuff more than illustrations---like Storyboards, Ads, and Copy:
http://waranghira.daportfolio.com
stormrazor2000
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 07:58:59 am »

I'm officially out. Wish I could have finished this installment, but it has been decided that you patrons don't deserve to wait as much.

-waranghira

This makes me sadder then the delay did.
waranghira
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

MCCColorist

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 08:45:43 am »

-waranghira

This makes me sadder then the delay did.

Really sorry about that. I'll still send the remaining 4 pages to Daphne if it makes it a little better, but I'll only have time this coming weekend (I need to deal with another unhappy client way back in the hiatus days once and for all tonight). It seems they found another, it's up to them now if they'd still accept it.

As you can see, I've been anything but professional.
The fault is mine alone.

-waranghira

"Beyond Rubies" and "Bibliomancy" colorist.

For my DA gallery: http://waranghira.deviantart.com
For stuff more than illustrations---like Storyboards, Ads, and Copy:
http://waranghira.daportfolio.com
robbie73_
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 11:23:52 am »

Waranhira, I know life can some times throw us a lot of curve balls and that we all handle them differently, but in all fairness you have been working with Daphne and Mind Control Comics for some years and that fact alone should make you realise that when you say you will deliver X number of pages in a certain timeframe, you should live up to your word (commitment wise) and do so, even if you have another client giving you problems.

At the least, just PM Daphne and let her know what the problem is and I am quite sure she would have worked with you regarding this matter, it's really a shame, since I really enjoy your fine work as I am sure all the rest of the MCC members also do.

Sorry to see you leave uner these circumstances, good luck in your future work. Grin Grin Grin
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 11:37:13 am »

Hi, everyone,

I really appreciate Waranghira's graciousness on this, and I wish him all the best in everything. With that, let's let the subject go, and we'll be moving forward from here.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: