Mind Control Comics Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:30:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Release Changes?  (Read 2088 times)
arm7man88
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« on: December 16, 2022, 07:21:07 am »

I'm just curious if the weekly releases have been changed to Saturdays now or if the website is just behind and trying to play catch-up? I'm not complaining at all! You guys do a great job of constantly releasing great content.
jwik01
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 07:55:11 am »

As there was no content on the 30th, 14th, or (so far) today, I assume Daphne's earlier statement (re the comic-producing machine having broken down and needing service) remains current.
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 08:15:01 am »

There's a note on the front page (right under the "Just Published" titles) that says "next update 19 December". I'm assuming that the MCC crew is getting in a bit of a holiday break.

The release calendar still appears to be up to date: https://mindcontrolcomics.com/calendar/
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 11:19:41 am »

Oh, my goodness, we miss like three Wednesday out of the year and it's the apocalypse.

We always have a main update once a week. It's usually Wednesday, but sometime's it's not. It's the holidays...

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
arm7man88
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2022, 11:40:46 am »

I literally said I wasn't complaining and that you guys do a great job uploading... I swear I can't post a single question on this forum that doesn't get a response like this
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2022, 11:43:27 am »

I literally said I wasn't complaining and that you guys do a great job uploading...

I know, and thank you! That wasn't directed at you personally. What you don't see are the emails that come in at 3:12am Pacific on Wednesday saying, "Well, I guess there's no update this week." From the same people, multiple weeks in a row..

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
arm7man88
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 11:47:18 am »

Yes, I can imagine those emails get very annoying. Some people have zero patience. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed out on a forum post saying there was release Changes. Thanks for the update.
jwik01
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2022, 12:24:19 pm »

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as critical.
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2022, 05:03:54 am »

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as critical.

As someone who is quite critical... all the time, I find this apology a little disheartening (especially since nobody in this thread will come across as critically as I'm about to Smiley).

Customers should be critical (it's how you make it clear to the shopkeeper what your dollars desire).

Daphne is a fantastic shopkeeper because she always responds (in my experience, anyway) and has earned the benefit of the doubt over the years so I'm bummed but don't worry when "regular" updates are late - she always makes good.

However, that doesn't make "where's the update?" questions (or other criticisms) a bad thing or something to apologize for.

Mind Control Comics (and Theatre) are are businesses. Sure, they add a lot to the community (hosting EMCSA and and funding the MCForum, for example) but are also in the business of providing services for a fee.

I'm glad to see the Schedule Notes thread was updated last night.

The critical feedback: maybe provide schedule note updates the night before or morning-of a predictable date that'll be missed to better-manage expectations and potentially reduce "where's the update?" emails.

No apologies and Merry Christmas!

If you love something, analyze it and share.
jwik01
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2022, 08:41:04 am »

Okay, I wasn't expecting to feel obliged to defend the idea of being polite to the proprietor of a business I patronize, and you know what? I don't! Go ahead and criticize my level of courtesy all you want, my dude, if that'll help you in some way.
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2022, 12:28:20 pm »

And I didn't intend to offend you - I felt compelled to wonder out loud why you felt the need to apologize for simply providing the facts arm7man88 (and, honestly, I) were after while visiting the forum this week.

However, since my pontificating ways strike again to sow misunderstanding: now I apologize for making you feel you were being attacked or criticized.

Breaking down how I interpreted this thread (since the analyst in me can't stop and always yearns for clarity):

• arm7man88: "curious about update schedule please." <-- innocent question
  • jwik01: "recent updates have been slow, daphne posted about it." <-- helpful observation
  • lancehunter: "it's on the calendar and speculation about the holidays." <-- helpful observation
  • daphne: "don't worry about it (with a little twinge of defensiveness)." <-- official response
  • arm7man88: "please don't get defensive, I was just asking." <-- apology
  • jwik01: "and I'm sorry." <-- apology
  • grimtidings: "verbal barf about questions and criticism not being offensive." <-- ugh

I really didn't get what you were apologizing about and empathized with what arm7man88 was hinting at... questions seem to be interpreted as attacks... which is a pet peeve of mine because it happens EVERYWHERE and doesn't help anyone.

And, yeah, I guess my verbal barf makes me feel like I'm doing something (a.k.a. helping in some way). Rarely works out that way (because I suspect I'm actually insane) and I'm stubborn and slow to learn. Smiley

If you love something, analyze it and share.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2022, 12:32:51 pm »

All is well. It is fine to inquire about updates. Update soon.

laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2022, 02:43:58 pm »

All is well. It is fine to inquire about updates. Update soon.
I have bug you long time but now ok it will last and Saturday Most time is splash page One single page

Thank you up data with love
jwik01
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2022, 03:22:25 pm »

For the record: I try to be extra courteous to anybody who has a public-facing job, because I know that there are jerks out there who will take advantage of the relative anonymity of the drive-through to be a jerk to some poor cashier who doesn't deserve it. I assume that the added levels of anonymity related to this website only add to the extent to which a subset of people Daphne has to interact with are jerks, so I try to err on the side of being courteous.

Plus I'm still trying to plumb the depths of "Starter Marriage"
avari_kami
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2022, 12:01:49 pm »

Ah, Sweet release. (Pun intended)
I heard we have a few more cuming this year and Daphne will even draw it herself if needed.
Figured I would share my quality of drawing. (Stolen at that)

|||||
  ||. .||
|||\=/|||
 |.-- --.|
/(.) (.)\
\ ) . ( /
'(  v  )`
  \ | /
  ( | )
  '- -`
Pages: [1]
  Print