Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:28:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ring Cycle #8  (Read 7268 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 02, 2021, 12:02:09 am »

Jeremy has such a good way with women.

Script: Daphne • Art: Aries Montes • Lettering: George Zipp
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 11:19:50 am by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
KingMind
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 12:37:12 am »

Thank you Daphne, this looks good and I really can't wait to read it. 

But seriously thank you!  This pandemic has been hard on all of us and I can't begin to imagine how hard it is to coordinate a comic site and a movie making business.
To still be here, standing after everything you, your team and all of MCC and MCT teams sticking through it all is exemplary.  Know that you will always have me as a loyal fan to support you and whatever you come out with.  If you ever need to take a break from the comic biz for awhile to decompress please take sometime.  We will be here on your return.

Thanks again for all your hard work in getting these comics and movies out into the world  Smiley
tailor
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 12:53:50 pm »

Happy to see another update.

Side note, the dates on the announcement emails have been off (into the past) the last couple times.

(recieved this morning)

and

Guessing a script is getting bad input somewhere.
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 02:03:40 pm »

Side note, the dates on the announcement emails have been off (into the past) the last couple times.

Guessing a script is getting bad input somewhere.

Personally my bet would be the old copy-and-paste and miss updating a date syndrome. Anyone claiming they've never done that is about as believable as someone claiming they've never exceeded the speed limit....

GB
crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 01:06:53 am »

Another very enjoyable issue!  I always look forward to Ring Cycle.

Some small bits of critical feedback (and I want to emphasize they don't impact my enjoyment too much):

Character designs can feel a bit off.  On the cover, Charlotte's pretty consistent with her appearance in the last two issues, but in the issue itself, she doesn't look quite like herself in a few panels of page 1.  Sometimes there's quite a gap between issues, so things like Jeremy's hairstyle has changing a few times isn't the end of the world. I can still tell who is who  Smiley

The colours and details seem to vary a lot between issues as well.  Some of them, like issue 7, I would say that detail and colouring match pretty closely with the covers.  There are the odd differences though, that I'd noticed reading back.  Issue #3 has really washed out colours.  Issue #8 doesn't have the same thing, but the shading looks different to my (untrained) eye, there's some panels here and there where Jeremy doesn't have many facial details.

--------
Again, I want to emphasize that I still enjoyed the issue, and have really liked Aries Montes' work on the series.  I'm guessing a lot of this is just do to them not working on it for a few months at a time, and having to go over all the details they've used before.  It was just noticable enough on a re-read that I thought it might be worth mentioning.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 12:48:25 am by crazydorian » Logged
raven
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 01:28:22 pm »

Art is definitely wobbly in capturing accurate details. To balance the critique, I like the tone the art conveys quite a bit. Also, this issue was excellent in terms of writing. I liked the steaminess that kept boiling over.
i_zack
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 10:08:07 pm »

I hate hate hate to complain, but I do have to say I’m not a fan of the art in this latest issue.
knightrider007
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2021, 05:12:48 am »

I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan of the art change Sad
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2021, 10:18:48 am »

The ring let's him change his appearance and other's appearances. To me, this is reflected with the changes in the art of the characters as the ring adjusts their appearances though this issue.
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2021, 11:34:09 pm »

I liked the art fine.  I mean, sometimes the hero's glasses are sunglasses and sometimes they aren't, but I dunno...these are comics.  The sister is blonde, the mom is brown-haired, Charlotte has black hair...I remember reading "Enchanted Summer" and with the change in artists and the two different beefy guys with crew cuts, sometimes it was genuinely hard to follow what was going on.  I've found no such difficulties with this series.

This is going back two issues, but for some reason, the fact that Wendy was casual and unconcerned about doing the dishes wearing only panties in issue #6 really did it for me.  I think I've always enjoyed that sub-fetish, stories where the victims are conditioned to wearing less clothing.

Are we to assume that getting hit with the ring whammy makes victims more susceptible to the protagonist, even when they aren't getting direct instructions?  The mom has not been instructed to be the protagonist's whore, but page 8 (I think it was page Cool showed her giving him an un-motherly kiss.
crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2021, 06:45:23 am »

Are we to assume that getting hit with the ring whammy makes victims more susceptible to the protagonist, even when they aren't getting direct instructions?  The mom has not been instructed to be the protagonist's whore, but page 8 (I think it was page Cool showed her giving him an un-motherly kiss.

That is the impression that I had gotten. Women who've been controlled seem to be more attracted to the user, even if they haven't been given instructions to obey while 'awake'.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: