Mind Control Comics Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:09:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: If Daphne had an MC-oriented writing Patreon, would you subscribe?  (Voting closed: October 04, 2021, 05:11:25 pm)
Nothing could stop me. - 5 (10.4%)
Sounds pretty good. - 15 (31.3%)
Kind of neutral. - 5 (10.4%)
Maaaaybe I'd dip in. - 16 (33.3%)
Totally not my thing. - 7 (14.6%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A Personal Patreon Question  (Read 9918 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 27, 2021, 05:11:25 pm »

So, if I did a writing Patreon, would you subscribe?

I know that (a) MCC is kind of already that, and (b) I just said I was exhausted, but ignore all that for a moment...

It would be a very text-focused site (unlike MCC), probably the usual $1/$5/$10 etc. tiers, with the occasional illustration. I'm getting the itch to start writing text stories again, and thought that might be one way to get them out there.

Comments below!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 05:21:54 pm »

Just my two cents (or $1/$5/$10 I guess), but I just stopped having time for long-form text erotica. I used to read a bunch off of the EMCSA and Kindle, but these days I prefer fast and to the point. Say <5k words. 10k would be a streeeeetch. I'm just one data point, but figured that might have some value.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 05:24:52 pm »

Honesty, I'm kind of with you. I don't mind stories that go on for a long time, but when I go to EMCSA and see an installment that is 9,000 words, I kind of conclude that the first 8,250 of that is world-building. I'm most comfortable in the 500-2,500 word range, at least for a single installment; that gets the point across.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 05:27:17 pm »

Honesty, I'm kind of with you. I don't mind stories that go on for a long time, but when I go to EMCSA and see an installment that is 9,000 words, I kind of conclude that the first 8,250 of that is world-building. I'm most comfortable in the 500-2,500 word range, at least for a single installment; that gets the point across.

First 8,250 words is your $1 tier. Unlock the 750-word version of the same story at $5. At $10, Daphne arouses you in a single word.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 06:53:28 pm »

...At $10, Daphne arouses you in a single word.

"hypno-booba"
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2021, 12:13:38 am »

First 8,250 words is your $1 tier. Unlock the 750-word version of the same story at $5. At $10, Daphne arouses you in a single word.

"I apologize for the long story, I didn't have time to write a short one."
KingMind
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2021, 12:34:12 am »

If you really want to I say go for it  Grin

Personally I'm not a big reader of erotica but if their are visual aids then I'll definitely subscribe.  I want MCC and MCT to go on for as long as possible so I will always do my best to support you, your team and everything you do  Cheesy
crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2021, 03:28:21 am »

I try not to expand my erotica budget too much, but I'd certainly  at least subscribe long enough to check it out.

I've liked your other prose stories, and of course many comics over the years, so the prospects are good Cheesy

Sorry to hear you've been having some exhaustion/burnout. Hope you feel better soon.
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2021, 03:34:12 am »

Sounds a bit like a reversion to your Audiobooks of days gone past (which I quite enjoyed) but without the audio!
Personally I quite like reading plain text as well as comics and videos and have really enjoyed all your published stories but I’m rather concerned that your proposed model puts added pressure on you to provide even more output on a rigid timescale (MCT at least is flexible in this aspect) and you’ve actually added a lot of extra deliverables into MCC over the past year or two. I suppose you could build up a backlog before the initial release to act as a buffer but still.... An alternative could be to publish an anthology to sell through the MCC site every so often (just set your spam filters to reject anyone asking when the next one is coming out). Of course, it may be that you feel a need to be motivated by a time constraint, and at least you would not be particularly dependent upon anyone else (artists, actresses...) except possibly a proof reader which could well reduce the pressure!
As to length, I too generally prefer medium sized: it seems to me that a significant portion of the longer ones come out that size because the author starts off with a good idea but no exit plan. Of course, long is not always bad: think of J K Rowling. Or J R R Tolkien....

GB
crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 05:33:38 am »

Macavity does make a good suggestion with doing the occasional Daphne erotica anthology as something we can buy through the website.

I've picked up the HMB sketchbooks, as well as a few of the other one-offs, and I think I'd do that with an anthology as well if you went that route.
Steve G
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2021, 03:12:39 pm »

Yes please!

Before MC Comics or MC Theatre were even a gleam in your eyes, you were my favorite author on EMCSA. Even 20 years later, some of your stories rank among my favorite of all time. It would be a privilege to have you authoring new stories again. A privilege worth paying for, even, if that's what it takes to get you to start writing again.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2021, 05:11:54 pm »

Before MC Comics or MC Theatre were even a gleam in your eyes, you were my favorite author on EMCSA.

Awww
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2021, 05:41:23 pm »

Wow, first story: 29 July 1998.

Twenty-three years.

Good googly moogly.

mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2021, 07:46:37 pm »

Wow, first story: 29 July 1998.

The late nineties?  That wasn't so long ag-

Twenty-three years.

God damn it.  I feel old.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2021, 08:57:21 pm »

God damn it.  I feel old.

You and me both, friend.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: