Mind Control Comics Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:09:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Patreons?  (Read 3095 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 12, 2021, 11:02:29 am »

If you subscribe to any Patreon pages that are erotica-related, which ones? What do you particularly like or do not like about them?

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
KingMind
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 01:45:18 am »

I am currently a Patron of Wren Zephyr, Hypnolion, HaryuDanto and Hypno-Changer.  I like them for their use of characters I’m familiar with as the change of personality always ads to the erotica, their art styles and their storytelling abilities.  It is always clear who is hypnotised in their artwork and I really like that about them
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 01:46:55 am by KingMind » Logged
caseyx
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 01:48:07 pm »

I've supported James LeMay, who I think I discovered because of his work at MCC.  Great art plus interesting stories and characters that are very focused on the erotic.  He manages to move the story along while having very few pages that are SFW.  My least favorite part is probably sex with fantastic creatures, though that's done pretty well and fits with the setting.
crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 05:45:31 pm »

Currently subscribe to Reinbach's (Mostly known for the comics 'Switch' and 'This Romantic World')

Previously have subscribed to Patreon for:

Pan
Ice Bear
SammyNona   (Erotica authors all active on EMCSA).

For the most part, I've used it as a tip jar, and early/exclusive access to some stories has been a nice benefit.

One major downside to Patreon is its abysmal archive system.  If you're looking for posts more than a few weeks old, the site tends to crash a lot.  They don't seem to have any intention of fixing it. And of course, they ban users for some types of content I enjoy, so I know some writers have to be particularly careful about what they post to or link from their Patreon, or indeed post anywhere else under the same name.

Some authors do extra leg work and keep their own master links of updates, which is appreciated.

Oh, I'll mention in Ice Bear's case, I wasn't too fond of how the tiers were arranged.  I think a lot of the story content was paywalled at $20 US/month, which was enough for me to dip into occasionally, but not to remain a regular subscriber. (And Ice Bear is very up front about everything that is included in each level, including a master list of content, so nothing duplicitous or anything shady about it.)

---------
Further edit as I think of things  Wink

All the folks I mentioned up there have great communication with their audience.  Release schedules might vary, but it was always clear why.

Pan's release schedule was consistently twice per month, which was great, but he's. locked himself in a charge per update (I think he has it set at 10k words) rather than a monthly charge, so for all practical purposes the monthly charge is twice the listed rate. (Though I suppose with Patreon, you can limit the amount of charges per month per creator you're willing to pay for.)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 02:38:53 am by crazydorian » Logged
neogeo
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 06:23:03 pm »

Manaworld. Bloomin Faeries.

The former comics are of extremely high quality, but the release schedule is absolute crap. Totally worth it.
Bloomin faeries is a pretender to the throne of oglaf. Same ballpark of sex comedy, even if it really only deserves an honorable mention compared to Oglaf. That's about it.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 06:55:50 pm »

Manaworld. Bloomin Faeries.

The former comics are of extremely high quality, but the release schedule is absolute crap. Totally worth it.
Bloomin faeries is a pretender to the throne of oglaf. Same ballpark of sex comedy, even if it really only deserves an honorable mention compared to Oglaf. That's about it.

We share an artist with Bloomin Faeries, in fact!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
avari_kami
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 11:39:46 pm »

Dogdog
I like the slow burn stories with incest and narcissistic mc but dislike the lack of a reliable schedule.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 02:31:45 am »

My support is weighted towards artists, who may not be an exact match for whatever plans might be percolating. Take what you will from the following~

• A small but non-trivial reward for the lowest tier.
  • Reasonably consistent release schedule, regardless of frequency.
  • Good communication, about what is upcoming, or mayhaps what has gone wrong.
  • Tags on posts. Gets difficult to find old stuff without some consistency there.
  • Making use of the gallery feature, but also attaching a zip file for easy downloading if the content is not part of an upcoming reward pack.
  • Embedding a character reference grid with labels as part of a poll.

Niceties:
  • sketches / WIPs / textless images
  • Responding to post comments for increased engagement.

Annoyances:
  • Deleting old posts as a Better Stay Subscribed Wink tactic. That's what delivering content via targeted messages is for.
  • Overly complicated security theatre to redeem monthly rewards. Most friendly way to do it is putting a zip on Mega/OneDrive/Google Drive or, more preferably, sending an auto-discount Gumroad link.
  • SubscribeStar's sorry excuse for a website. From a user experience perspective, it makes me want to find the people responsible and go all R. Lee Ermey on their asses. Patreon ain't no paragon of design or performance, but it's still leagues better than SS ...assuming they haven't kicked you off like they have others.

We share an artist with Bloomin Faeries, in fact!

I have 100% absolutely no idea who that might be. Huh
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 06:10:11 am »

Three writers, so far, all EMCSA contributors.

On three different platforms, which is a real irritation, but what are you going to do when Patreon starts kicking people off?
neogeo
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2021, 02:20:17 am »

It's worth noting that I'm an old castoff from Be Story Club. Used to be a subscriber there ages ago. They went to such shit, hence you guys do better chest fun.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: