Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:51:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Audiophilia Bonus #1  (Read 5937 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 28, 2020, 02:20:11 pm »

The invention has gone wireless…

Script: Daphne • Art: Raro 666 • Lettering: George Zipp

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 03:42:25 pm »

Basically me: OwO what’s this?
KingMind
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 02:51:18 am »

YES!  It's back  Shocked  Shocked
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 10:19:06 pm »

Hey! There's a side and a front too, you know.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 02:29:29 am »

I like that we've advanced to hijacking the AirPods of hot jogger ladies in broad daylight. Is fun to see technology and the tools of enslavement march ever forward. Or something like that~
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 08:53:53 am »

The downside is semi-public shows of power like this do attract attention, and before long you've got T.E.D.S..
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 03:04:58 pm »

I would be down for an illustrated SCP installment with a creepy, ambiguous ending.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 03:14:31 pm »

I would be down for an illustrated SCP installment with a creepy, ambiguous ending.

OK, I'll bite: SCP?

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 04:04:03 pm »

Maybe a reference to the SCP Foundation?  That's certainly creepy.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2020, 05:34:57 pm »

Aye. Wouldn't be the first story about a mission or task force attempting to secure, contain, and protect vis-à-vis mind control incursions, but the horror angle and X-Files / extra-governmental secret agency aesthetic isn't always fully capitalized on.
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 11:37:21 pm »

Secure Copy? It's not that creepy.
crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 02:45:15 am »

OK, I'll bite: SCP?

lifemcs linked, but unless Daphne followed and went down the rabbit hole. Wink

http://www.scp-wiki.net/

The SCP Foundation is a collaborative writing wiki...thing, based around the eponymous organization's efforts to Secure, Contain, and Protect.   The main entries in the site are listings of anomalous objects, creatures or phenomena, each referred to by numerical designations (eg SCP-056).  Entries begin with the containment procedures for the SCP (or 'skip') in question, followed by a description of its nature.  Some of them get really creative, hiding secrets about the nature the particular SCP within its entry.

There are also a lot of stories (in various canons) on the site based around operations of the Foundation itself.  As lifemcs mentioned, there's definitely a X-Files/extra-governmental nature to the Foundation.  The recent video game 'Control' seems to draw some heavy inspiration from the SCP Foundation, but it isn't exactly unique in fiction.  I remember thinking the TV series "Warehouse 13" was like a much more light-hearted version of the Foundation, but any sort of fictional secret extra-governmental entity fits along those lines (Men in Black, etc).

A lot of the SCPs have properties that fall into some version of mind control. Some controlling hosts, some changing perception, some that are essentially ideas that can be passed like a virus, etc.

I've definitely seen ideas for this kind of organization pop up in Mind Control fiction before, with organizations that contain/police mind controllers to some degree.  I think Bill Pratt has played around with it a bit.

crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2020, 02:45:36 am »

Oh!  Also, great issue Cheesy
Bakeacake
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2020, 10:07:12 am »

Did this book get removed?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2020, 11:12:14 am »

Did this book get removed?

Bonuses are only available during their release month, although we have been collecting and releasing each year's bonuses as special editions.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: