Mind Control Comics Forum
October 06, 2024, 11:32:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #820: “Perception of Absence”  (Read 3700 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: March 07, 2019, 01:01:33 am »

Written by: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 01:09:23 am »

Well this is the most intrigued I've been by this comic in a very long time...

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 02:17:42 am »

I find that comment aggravating.

I'm glad that Adrian is being both active and thorough, but he couldn't have picked a worse possible time to get a multi-layered Hugo-esque backstory.  He'll need the information soon, but unless this confession disorients actual Cherry, Erin might be beyond help by the time he's ready to look for her.
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 03:37:35 am »

While I continue to be unable to see the depth and complexity of the patterns and nuance you guys do, I've been burned by the larger, obvious one that I can see.

The panels leading up to this one are building suspense. I suspect that, if I were in the forest and (gasp) oh my God there's a Umbellularia Californica... oh no! Wait. Sorry, back on target. If I were in this forest, amidst the trees in all their splendor, I might feel that suspense. However, I'm looking at Google Maps instead. The trees are green texture and I can zoom in for a somewhat meh-res version but it's not the same. I fail to see how this particular arc ends without Adrian's harem simply growing by anything female within eyeshot. The pattern is challenge-suspense-round robin danger-Adrian eventually wins (usually by no act of his own, although maybe this time he's going to act for the... second time?)

Considering how time is... entirely subject to the whim of the author (within the bounds of the reality they've created - or the reality-warping pink clouds)... I find it very hard to be worried for the good guys (as much as I'd love to be). That's the spell I wish I could fall under for the Infirmary but it has more in common with an 80's rom-com than, say, Game of Thrones. Nothing wrong with that but it does say, "Enjoy the journey with your buds, there won't be a Red Wedding here."

Of course, maybe I'm psyching myself out. Last time (the whole dream sequence thing in the 500's) I was intrigued that something was happening I got (and I've integrated the term into my real life, thank you jmundt29 of yesteryear) Van Pelted. Maybe if I expect a happy ending...

If you love something, analyze it and share.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 11:56:20 pm »

I find that comment aggravating.

I'm just hoping to see some questions answered rather than more being asked.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: