Mind Control Comics Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:56:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Codes visible in comics  (Read 3087 times)
mcfan41
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« on: July 25, 2018, 05:54:15 am »

This may be a function of me not being observant  Roll Eyes but have there always been number codes visible in the comics when you download?  I have been noticing them lately.  I assume its an anti-theft thing but it is fairly obvious.  

Never mind the answer was just below this in the forum.  I said I am not observant.   Embarrassed   
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 05:56:15 am by mcfan41 » Logged
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 08:15:59 am »

Several months at least. Before that, they may have been better hidden and more easily circumvented or may not have been there at all. The goal of steganography is that you don't know it's there, but if you go too light handed, the markings are obliterated simply by reincoding the image as a a low-quality JPEG. Make them too small and the asshats put a blur or place a watermark of their own over it.

Me, I prefer a trust based system, but that's just not scaling well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: