Mind Control Comics Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:17:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seasons #2  (Read 5757 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: May 31, 2018, 09:40:25 am »

Autumn is falling…

Written by, Art, and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Garg22
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 09:41:08 pm »

First issue was awesome, a perfect be careful what you wish for story.  Can't wait to see what the other seasons bring.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 12:17:35 pm »

Yikes.  Ace is a twit.  Gorgeous art.  The future looks bright for this series.
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 01:35:18 am »

Can I ask for feedback on this issue as it appears it didn't go down as well Sad All feedback is good, just tell me what you liked as well as what you didn't like so I can bear it in mind for the other issues as well as anything else I propose to Daphne...

Thank you in advance Smiley

Octavia

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 08:13:12 am »

No this worked for me in terms of both art and writing, though I suspect some readers of erotic MC aren't that interested in the logical consequences of poorly-defined commands wreaking havoc.
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 08:39:24 am »

No this worked for me in terms of both art and writing, though I suspect some readers of erotic MC aren't that interested in the logical consequences of poorly-defined commands wreaking havoc.

Yes I did wonder about that aspect - unfortunately it kind of gets worse before it gets better Smiley But that's the nature of stories - thank you for taking the time to give me that insight. I appreciate it muchly Smiley

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.

hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 10:19:12 am »

I've spoken of this elsewhere, but the point of MC for me is the control, not merely behavior alteration. In Seasons, even though she's been changed, she never really does what her husband tells her; in other words, he's not really in control in any meaningful sense. So this just isn't my cup of tea.

I'm not really sure if that matters to you, though. The "point" of Seasons is that an MC'd wife sounds great in theory but is terrible in practice. So you're doing that very well. It's just not a direction I personally care for.
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 11:32:45 am »

I've spoken of this elsewhere, but the point of MC for me is the control, not merely behavior alteration. In Seasons, even though she's been changed, she never really does what her husband tells her; in other words, he's not really in control in any meaningful sense. So this just isn't my cup of tea.

I'm not really sure if that matters to you, though. The "point" of Seasons is that an MC'd wife sounds great in theory but is terrible in practice. So you're doing that very well. It's just not a direction I personally care for.

Thank you, Hereno...That makes sense. But I will say the 'point' wasn't to show MC in that light...I don't want to give away the ending but I suppose the wider narrative of the series is that there are lots of tastes to consider and they don't all suit everyone. If it feels like the story is being 'critical' of Mind Control then I've missed the mark, in part that's why I made it (or tried to) make it funny and fantastical, rather than a tragedy. Does that make sense...I'm having a hard time describing what I mean Smiley

hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 01:07:48 pm »

Thank you, Hereno...That makes sense. But I will say the 'point' wasn't to show MC in that light...I don't want to give away the ending but I suppose the wider narrative of the series is that there are lots of tastes to consider and they don't all suit everyone. If it feels like the story is being 'critical' of Mind Control then I've missed the mark, in part that's why I made it (or tried to) make it funny and fantastical, rather than a tragedy. Does that make sense...I'm having a hard time describing what I mean Smiley

Meaning, she's going to go through a couple of different personalities before landing on the 'right' one? If so, then that speaks again to my earlier post: Seasons is a story about alteration, and not control.

This would be much easier if Thomas More were the main character. He's a man for ALL seasons!
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 01:20:54 pm »

Meaning, she's going to go through a couple of different personalities before landing on the 'right' one? If so, then that speaks again to my earlier post: Seasons is a story about alteration, and not control.

This would be much easier if Thomas More were the main character. He's a man for ALL seasons!

How very true Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: