Mind Control Comics Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:54:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gig Economy  (Read 10199 times)
Greyman
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 03:42:33 pm »

Dislikes: The line is blurry between sex addict/professional and girl being mind controlled... she *is* motivated by self-interest (earning credits) and has a whole cosplay arsenal at her disposal... making it less likely she's not doing it under her own volition or because of a native quirk in her personality. The same reluctance and annoyance could also be "professional kind of bored by the profession".

Reminded me of Joss Whedon's Dollhouse a bit. And imagining that the real her is overwhelmed by the "gig" gives this some power... but that's disarmed by the final frame. Still, sex workers operating like Uber drivers probably exists. Thank goodness I don't want to find out. Smiley
Yeah.  That's the plot in essence; no sinister connotations.  She seems to be voluntarily using an app which she knows will program her into working as a happy fuck bunny for a few hours.  It's seen in the way she zones out when she hits confirm with the earphones on, and the change of expression from annoyed to vacant smile and back when it wears off.

Like mild curry, it is nice but missing the spice. 
Rift120
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 08:17:50 pm »

It was alright.. but I gotta be honest this felt more like a 'monthly member bonus' comic than one that should have been part of the weekly lineup.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: