Mind Control Comics Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:13:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Business as Usual  (Read 9732 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 14, 2017, 06:01:46 pm »

What happens when an evil genius isn't in charge of his operation anymore? Often, the same thing as any large company…

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 07:27:37 am »

Good to see Bill back in the saddle; looking forward to it. Mind you, Template is going to be a hard act to follow (no pressure there then...)

GB
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 08:26:47 am »

nice to have back
if you have time there are story in the long box that are not finish like Remaid (What is She getting ready for)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 08:29:02 am by laguna85 » Logged
Greyman
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 05:20:24 am »

I am looking forward to this one, more and more.  That expression and posture is eye catching, and the premise is intriguing.  So curious.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 10:03:34 am »

Deborah Davies is county Health inspector
get change into a dancer
this club have ( every night is amateur night) add girl to the list
snivgrits
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 02:53:27 pm »

This comic didn't really do it for me. I'm having trouble putting my finger on why exactly that is.  Huh
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 06:19:38 pm »

If you figure it out, let me know. Always interested in the post-mortem.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 08:27:17 pm »

Well, I can say for me, I found it very scattered. We start in an office with two businesswomen; then we're with a health inspector; then we're with a coed. Meanwhile, there's a reference to an ex-evil mastermind, and the new guy taking over, though not much is made of any of this. That's four different plotlines in 12 pages.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 12:44:47 am »

1: a business take over
2: head of Heath department
3: white slave
4: the club is a cover up to get more girls
5: doctor is dead
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 08:43:41 am »

Well, I can say for me, I found it very scattered. We start in an office with two businesswomen; then we're with a health inspector; then we're with a coed. Meanwhile, there's a reference to an ex-evil mastermind, and the new guy taking over, though not much is made of any of this. That's four different plotlines in 12 pages.
The Buckaroo Banzai mistake. Given the nature of the story, I should have seen that coming.
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 10:58:46 am »

if you have time there are story in the long box that are not finish like Remaid (What is She getting ready for)

I think Remaid was a one-shot. Where this one will likely be continued based on the last page...
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 11:48:42 am »

It seem to me that the first three pages are an arc introducing Cesare, who was one of the Doctor's minions, a trusted Lieutenant. I assume "the Doctor" was an evil genius since those are usually the only ones to have minions... The arc shows the takeover by Mr. Malum of Miss Fowler's company. It also shows that Cesare is capable of doing hypnotic conditioning and body modification since I assume that that is Miss Fowler in the chair, with a much bigger rack than before, and will be the referenced "future Mrs. Malum" who will be able to [suck] a golfball through a garden hose. As we can tell, Cesare is bored at this point in the story, thing being repetitive and all.

Enter a second arc that starts on page four and completes on the last page. Miss Davies, a county health inspector, who works for Wilson, goes to inspect the Cabaret. In pages 4-6, we see that Cesare runs the Cabaret and modifies Deborah into Dee Dee the Bimbo using the same chambers that were used for Miss Fowler, how repetitive... And then we see Dee Dee taking the stage on page 9 and comes off as... a bit of a bimbo... though it is obvious that dancing isn't one of her skills. (Maybe if she had shown how she could suck a golfball through a garden hose, she wouldn't have come off as looking so clumsy.) Eventually we see that Cesare, who normally auctions off the modified women to the highest bidder doesn't make Dee Dee available for tonights sale since she was a special order for Wilson, her old boss. (And, I guess, her new boyfriend/master?)

Lastly we see a third arc which starts on page seven and completes on page eleven. Katherine has been using various clubs to work off her debts by using her years of dance and gymnastics lessons. Tonight, she's decided to visit the Cabaret which runs a regularly scheduled amateur night to make some money to pay off her books. What she finds is a number of stunning women, which Cesare seems to confirm were modified for the event, walking around the place so she knows that skill, not looks, are going to take the prize. Katherine's skill catches the attention of Cesare's staff, who hopes that they can bottle her moves. Cesare decides to hold her and while she is distracted watching Dee Dee, they take her. It seems that several of the regular bidders are interested in her also.

So we have a bored minion that can mold people into playthings with an opportunity to work with some talent, Katherine, that he hasn't seen before. And we have at least 3 people interested in Katherine, Cesare's staff and two of the regular bidders. The only loose end was that of Miss Fowler's assistant, which Cesare's workers decided to take instead of leaving behind for possible use in the after market.

I certainly hope the "to be continued?" will be continued since the entire first chapter seems to be a setup to something about Katherine.
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 09:12:00 pm »

On page 11, note Miss Fowler's secretary standing beside the female bidder's as she talks about Katherine being a matched set to go with her new Personal Assistant. I don't think I left anything but the fate of Katherine open. But yeah, I probably overloaded this issue. If anything, I'd drop the Malum arc, but without it I don't really get to sell how Ceasare's life is just an endless cycle of abduct and brainwash.
crazydorian
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2018, 10:53:43 pm »

Hey Daphne.  Was just thinking about this one, as I remember doing some test reading for Geo/Bill and really liked the script for issue 2.  I thought Montalis was a great art pairing for the story as well.

I know there are a lot of titles that only get published once or twice a year.  Any chance this one might be coming back?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: