Mind Control Comics Forum
April 29, 2024, 07:30:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Downstairs  (Read 18817 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 06, 2011, 02:49:30 pm »

Running a little late this week, but it'll be worth it.

Clark and Rene have rented their downstairs apartment to Janice and Jeremy... but neither one of them is quite what they seem.

Coming January 7th 8th!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 11:46:34 pm by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
sohta123
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 07:23:02 pm »

Nice job on the cover.
Now I'm trying to figure out if this is Janice or Rene ....
robbie73_
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 09:24:14 am »

I certaily AGREE with Sohta, VERY NICE COVER, too bad some of the other covers couldn't be done this wasy.

Kudo's to Sturkwurk, another fantastic job!!!

Looks like we get 2 today, St. james Infirmary and Downstairs, looking forward to A Stacked Deck whe it "hits" the site.

Looks like a GREAT start to 2011!!!
Sane Scientist
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Fan of all things MC

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 06:01:50 am »

Is there any news on this?

Many thanks.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 10:29:38 am »

Soon!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
robbie73_
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 11:42:36 am »

Hi Daphne, looks like 2011 is starting a little slow, the "weekly" comics are few and far between even though you sometimes have "production" problems( I understand that), in the last months of 2010, only a few weekly comics were put up(not complaining) and I really look forward to MOST of the comics.

Maybe 2011 will start slow, but really get going after the holiday's, looking forward to the old and new comics coming in 2011!!
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 10:17:39 pm »

the "weekly" comics are few and far between even though you sometimes have "production" problems( I understand that), in the last months of 2010, only a few weekly comics were put up(not complaining) and I really look forward to MOST of the comics.

Um, actually, we've put up just as many weekly comics as we ever have: One a week. That's why they're called weekly comics. The Sunday comics are bonuses, when they happen.

Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 10:23:11 pm »

And it's up!

robbie73_
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 11:13:03 am »

Nice story Daphne, was wondering just HOW Clark MC'd Janice, did not see any induction methods(swinging watch,crystal), hypnowheels, looking into his "hypnotic" eyes,so what was the induction method??

Looking forward to A Stacked Deck as well as ony NEW chapters of ongoing stories, Drains, Hidden Knowledge etc, keep them coming Daphne.

When I said the "weekly" comics were few and far between, I ment that when you say "wednesday" for a comic and it doesn't "hit till Friday or Saturday(production delays, understandable), then they are not in the truest sense a "weekly" comic or are they??
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 11:49:18 am »

Nice story Daphne, was wondering just HOW Clark MC'd Janice, did not see any induction methods(swinging watch,crystal), hypnowheels, looking into his "hypnotic" eyes,so what was the induction method??

He didn't.

When I said the "weekly" comics were few and far between, I ment that when you say "wednesday" for a comic and it doesn't "hit till Friday or Saturday(production delays, understandable), then they are not in the truest sense a "weekly" comic or are they??

Yep, they are; weekly means, you know, weekly, not on a specific day. Smiley

Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 09:14:09 pm »

Wow, deathly silence on this one. Smiley

kerplunk5975
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 09:53:13 pm »

Wow, deathly silence on this one. Smiley

I think its because everyone is too busy enjoying it. hahaha
Very well done, one of my favorites so far! keep em comin' :]
dzeiger
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 05:39:46 pm »

I think the biggest problem I had with this one was that the MC was so understated.  Take out page 18 and submit this to a general adult site and it just reads like a generic plotless sex romp.

Panel 18 makes it a MC story, but it felt curiously flat to me for a bodysnatcher-type story, which is normally a hot button for me.

Possibly because of the mundaneness of the rest of the story just makes it feel almost tacked on.  Like if someone took a "Plumber visits various houses, and each one has a hot babe" movie and splices in a scene showing the plumber has a laptop with MasterPC sitting in his truck to make it a MC film.

I also didn't really care for the splitting of the panels into the Narrative/Dialogue/Picture sections.  It wasn't a major irritant, and perhaps the technique would work in other stories, but I don't really think it helped this one.
jlpicrdh
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 10:29:01 pm »

It probably won't hit my top 5, but it's definitely in the top 10. I agree that the actual MC itself wasn't visible, but the effects of it sure were. That's what I'm really interested in. I don't care if I see the swinging watch or the glowing orb or the green liquid filled needle or whatever. As long as the results are apparent, it's good. And this story, you could clearly see the transformation of Rene. I do think that there was a little too much focus on the Clark/Janice aspect. That could have been cut down some, and Rene's transformation could have been drawn out more, or given more of an ending, but all in all still really good.
Symeon
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 10:37:54 pm »

I agree that the story was interesting and evocative,
but I also agree that the format was somewhat bothersome.

I wholeheartedly prefer the earlier comics to the recent
stories with illustrations.

The story format leads to smaller and fewer pictures that feel
somewhat disconnected from the text.

I should emphasize, though, that the stories have still been
both interesting and well conceived - I would simply rather
see them in a more "traditional" comic format.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: