Mind Control Comics Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:43:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would you like to see a sequel to "Obedience"?
Yes, Please! - 53 (67.9%)
No, It Finished Nicely. - 25 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 52

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sequelitis?  (Read 17135 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: June 17, 2010, 07:21:08 pm »

I had intended "Obedience" to be a one-shot, but I've gotten some requests for a sequel... what do you think?

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
master
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 09:14:38 pm »

Not sure a sequel will improve anything...sure, serial recruitment is hot & all, but i'd rather see your energy go into new directions. You put together a strong story here, i'd hate to see it go meandering into nonsense like some authors do when they stretch out a popular title (not naming any names here...for now).
Maegis42
Browser
One Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 10:13:18 pm »

As long as the story stays at least as sexy as the first chapter, and becomes more complex and interesting, there's reason for a sequel.  I mean, it stands alone pretty well...but it ended with pair of girls, and that could be sexy and interesting enough to warrant a second chapter.
hypnoime
Browser
One Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 03:59:26 pm »

Think that there is so much to explore, but there could be great to do in the future some continuation, maybe once you can mach this with another comic.
Liriel
Browser
One Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 10:58:32 pm »

I vote no.  The best thing to do with good stories is to end them when they should end.  There are many more awesome ideas to try out and explore, no need to extend this one that all ready ended well.  Let's move on to new ideas.
robbie73_
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 11:19:54 pm »

I agree, a sequel to any story should continue with say another set of characters that either come into the story, such as th girls who showed up at the end.

Then say, continue with the new girls and maybe one of the original girls, you could keep adding girls as you continue the story, only if you have time to do so.

Will you be doing a sequel of Wednesday Afternoon's, I really liked that story, and the extra art work showed Betty and Martin's secretary being enslaved!!!  Hot!!!!!
Rodimus
Browser
One Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 01:28:32 am »

Sequel is needed i mean you end on such a great note gotta follow it up
wblade
Browser
One Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 03:14:26 am »

I love the martian harem, the hidden knowledge need more on the Cuckoo but in a town like this short of doing a prequel that explains the town just adding more girls is redundant.     
SoulBlazer
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Hypnosis since 1994

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 01:18:10 pm »

Seems pretty evenly split.....

I fear I'm not going to help matters any by adding my vote to the Yes side. Smiley

It was very enjoyable story and I could see a part two with someone -- either a male or a female -- coming to the town looking for her, and getting caught up in events there.

Lover of MC Stories, Movies, and Comics
nemovoid
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 05:17:15 pm »

I don't know... "Obedience" felt like a one-shot to me. Mind you, I'd welcome a well-done second chapter. I guess I'm saying if you feel you have a sequel in you, go for it... but trying to crank out sequels on demand runs the risk of so many Hollywood movies that get progressively cheaper as sequel begets sequel.
robbie73_
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 07:15:28 pm »

Daphne, Will we ever see another chapter of "Wednesday Afternoon's"Huh

I hope so, Ireally liked the extra art work which reminded me of the way some stories "teased" you with some pictures of (hopefully) a continuation of the story. Keep these stories coming, can't wait till Aug for the next installment of "The Hidden Knowledge"!!!!
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 06:19:37 am »

I asked for a sequel to "Obedience" because I felt the ending, with the mother-daughter pair, was such a great premise for a story.  I like MD mother-daughter pairings yet they are pretty infrequent.  I can't think of very many stories on the EMCSA that involve mother-daughter pairs, and even fewer that involve them both being enslaved at the same time.  (An example is "Generation Gap" by Daphne.  Boy do I like that story, man does it press my mother/daughter button, but even here the enslavement of the daughter takes place off-screen.)

So I'd love to see what happens with the travelers who wander into the diner at the end.  Of course, if y'all took it upon yourselves to make an entirely different comic with a mother-daughter conceit, that would be cool too.
ramac
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 08:51:41 pm »

i would love to see a sequel to this comic
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: