Mind Control Comics Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:14:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beyond Rubies #12  (Read 34796 times)
nittanyde
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 09:14:06 pm »

Just noticed in the first page that Monsonis has a ruby on his wrist. Other than increased stamina we'll see what they can do to men, maybe our Nick will be swayed back to the dark side?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 09:50:16 pm »

Just noticed in the first page that Monsonis has a ruby on his wrist. Other than increased stamina we'll see what they can do to men, maybe our Nick will be swayed back to the dark side?

Or it might be an option to get leverage on the big man himself.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
dwcomics
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 06:18:35 am »

I like that this guy was able to take a bad situation and turn it to his advantage.  The only questions to be answered are how's he going to handle his boss, will his boss handle him, and what's going to happen after all's said and done?  I'm actually looking forward to the next issue.
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 08:13:12 pm »

Plot episode. Greatly appreciated.
nittanyde
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 11:22:49 am »

Or it might be an option to get leverage on the big man himself.

Hmmm could be, but they're already locked out of so much cause he has control over it.
tesla_coil
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 05:45:37 pm »

Am I the only one here who hopes that Nick fails and ends up losing everything? I know that sounds vindictive as hell but still, that’s what I’m hoping will happen.

By all accounts the guy had a perfectly decent life and a lovely lady besides. Sure some marital troubles were alluded to in issue #1 but nothing more than that.

Then the guy decides to brainwash and transform and bang a woman and he decides to do it to his wife’s best friend. Then he does it to his wife and the rest of her friends simultaneously. He builds himself a nice little harem for himself.

Then it turns out that he didn’t even invent the technology of the Rubies. Instead he’s just some schmuck who happened to be lucky enough to get access to it. And it’s obvious the company’s male executives were always planning on doing this brainwashing thing and make it available to just about every man who wanted one (as seen by the issue where four random women from various social strata get Ruby’d). So Nick was just too damn impatient to wait and just stole the damn technology and jumped the gun with it.

Then when he’s found out by his boss, he’s again lucky enough to not get fired or sued or face any kind of repercussions for his actions. Instead, he gets a promotion and a pat on the back for his efforts. And the only consequence he faces for potentially ruining the big plans of the company is that he has to be satisfied with only one incredibly busty, sex-hungry cock-slave.

And after that, he has the gall to get upset about Monsonis using his wife as a sex-slave when he had no problem abusing her in the same way.

Nick is like a bratty five-year old who doesn’t want to share the cool toys that he STOLE from another five-year old.

I just can’t stomach characters in MC fiction who don’t do SOMETHING to earn their power or deserve a bit of luck in their lives.

It’s fine if the wife/girlfriend/whatever is a bitch because then there’s an element of comeuppance. But there’s nothing to hint at Julie ever being cruel or mean towards Nick.

It’s fine if the guy does something to earn this power whether it is a device of his own invention like the nameless engineer from “Audiophilia” or had skill to understand some magic spell like Daffyd or however you spell that guy’s name.

Nick doesn’t have any of that. He’s just a thief who managed to get REALLY damn lucky.

I guess my tl;dr of the above rant is that
1)   Nick is an ungrateful prick who didn’t appreciate what he already had in life
2)   Nick didn’t actually invent this technology, he just hijacked it rather than wait for it to be distributed
3)   Nick gets pissy when his harem gets taken away because he doesn’t want to share

And finally, I sincerely hope that Nick gets one-upped by Monsonis and tossed in jail OR that the ladies turn the tables and enslave all the men, Nick included.

PS On a less rant-worthy note, kudos to the writers and artists behind Beyond Rubies to make me give a care about the story and not just the sex. It’s a sign of their skill that I have become so invested in this series that I was actually able to write this longwinded rant.
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 12:30:39 pm »

Am I the only one here who hopes that Nick fails and ends up losing everything?

Well, I, for one, want Nick to take over and dominate everyone.
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2015, 05:28:26 pm »

You can't condemn a man for wanting to have it all!
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2015, 05:29:22 pm »

PS On a less rant-worthy note, kudos to the writers and artists behind Beyond Rubies to make me give a care about the story and not just the sex. It’s a sign of their skill that I have become so invested in this series that I was actually able to write this longwinded rant.

Truly, this is the kind of things writers live for.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
tesla_coil
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 08:46:07 pm »

You can't condemn a man for wanting to have it all!

Eh, fair enough I suppose :p

Truly, this is the kind of things writers live for.

I realize in retrospect that sounded like quite the backhanded compliment. But I honestly do love this series and I am always looking forward to the next installment. No offense was intended Smiley
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2015, 08:55:49 pm »

I doubt offence was taken.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2015, 08:59:19 pm »

No offense was intended Smiley

None taken... quite the opposite!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jlpicrdh
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2015, 06:27:18 pm »

Am I the only one here who hopes that Nick fails and ends up losing everything? I know that sounds vindictive as hell but still, that’s what I’m hoping will happen.
Nope. In fact, I'm hoping that BR will give us our first element of TG. His punishment can be joining in as another harem girl.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: